AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER CARLOS RODON NO HITTER EDITION!!!!!

ScootsMcGoots

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

If Rodon is this dude and it looks foreal then Sox are in a very good spot with Keuchel being the worst pitcher on the staff. 

We'll see.  Cease definitely has the stuff, but the results have to match.  He was a Top 5 Cy Young vote getter last year, and pitched well last time out until running out of gas, but they totally messed up his routine with Rodon out.

And then you have Kopech and possibly Crochet, although I think Garrett ends up ultimately staying in the bullpen.

The only thing that would be MORE shocking would be a Reynaldo Lopez no-hitter.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

I was critical of his usage out of the pen last year down the stretch. Asking him to do something he had never done in high leverage situations coming back from injury. Was also critical of his weight last year as he was noticeably heavier. All credit to Carlos to righting the ship and getting back. Easy to say now retrospect but signing him for 3 mil was a tremendous sign - big upside low risk. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Just incredible, all the potential we knew was in Rodon was fulfilled in this game, he was fucking perfect.

His stuff is electric.  I pray his arm and body hold up. If it does - he's going to have a HECK of a season.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I gotta admit I had written Carlos off, but he's back with a vengeance. Love to see it.

Same. Although after the initial shock of the deal, i think we were more frustrated that they didn't go after a higher profile FA, but for 3 mil this was an exceptional risk that has paid off. I think this Katz guy is working out...

Just now, daa84 said:

I was critical of his usage out of the pen last year down the stretch. Asking him to do something he had never done in high leverage situations coming back from injury. Was also critical of his weight last year as he was noticeably heavier. All credit to Carlos to righting the ship and getting back. Easy to say now retrospect but signing him for 3 mil was a tremendous sign - big upside low risk. 

Last year him pitching in any capacity should have been out of the question. He was throwing 88 on his fastball. 

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

The Sox starting pitching on this home stand has been ridiculous.  Keuchel wasn't great but Lynn, Cease, Giolito, and Carlos have balled!

Keuchel was still pretty solid given the last minute call to start and he had a run where he was cruising before he just broke down in the 6th. If Rodon is for real - Cease is your weak link and this rotation is pretty damn good.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Also big credit to him- he never threw a change up like he did tonight. Was basically fastball slider only before this year. Toyed with the Cooper cutter for a while but that was bad. Even spun a decent curveball or two 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Just amazing how many times in our lives we've got to see these guys throw a no hitter/perfect game for this team. Makes you reflect a bit at how special that is. 

Yeah, it's pretty wild.  I'm pretty young at 36, and got to watch Buehrle, Humber, Gio, and now Rodon.  I just happened to watch every one of those games.  So awesome to see.

Edited by ChiHawks10

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

His stuff is electric.  I pray his arm and body hold up. If it does - he's going to have a HECK of a season.  

His stuff, velocity wise is as good as 23 year old Carlos. Now he has two other pitches in addition to the slider. Just hope he stays healthy. Always been the problem. Nc state ran him into the ground 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

Just amazing how many times in our lives we've got to see these guys throw a no hitter/perfect game for this team. Makes you reflect a bit at how special that is. 

I think the wildest thing to me is that not only did we get Buehrle and Humber's perfect games, but Buehrle, Giolito, and Rodon's no-hitters were all one-batter away from perfection. It's not like E-Jax's walkathon no-hitter, they all came damn close.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Yeah, it's pretty wild.  I'm pretty young at 36, and got to watch Buehrle, Humber, Gio, and now Rodon.  I just happened to watch every one of those games.

It’s really nuts. Humbers was still really dumb but the rest are classics. Especially buerhles first Nono being 27 outs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Yeah, it's pretty wild.  I'm pretty young at 36, and got to watch Buehrle, Humber, Gio, and now Rodon.  I just happened to watch every one of those games.  So awesome to see.

I had to follow Buerhles first on MLB gameday cause I was in college, but I also just happened to watch the other four. I feel pretty lucky as a fan being able to see so many great performances and historical achievements. 

Edited by Marqhead
  • Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

I think the wildest thing to me is that not only did we get Buehrle and Humber's perfect games, but Buehrle, Giolito, and Rodon's no-hitters were all one-batter away from perfection.

Absolutely. That Humber one was always one of my favorites. He just mowed Seattle down. 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I think the wildest thing to me is that not only did we get Buehrle and Humber's perfect games, but Buehrle, Giolito, and Rodon's no-hitters were all one-batter away from perfection.

Yeah these were all dominant games. Not AJ Burnett no hitters.