It’s Tim Fucking Anderson day!

Greydawgfan1

It would be funny to be constantly harping on players having to "earn" their spot on the roster only to send down the guy with the 1.005 OPS in order to keep Jake fucking Lamb around. There may not be a place for Mendick with Anderson back but Jake Lamb sure as hell doesn't seem to have any real role on this club, his lack of versatility makes him pretty worthless. If Nick Williams is earning playing time based on his Spring stats then Lamb's awful March numbers should cost him. I do not care that he's left handed.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Kalapse said:

It would be funny to be constantly harping on players having to "earn" their spot on the roster only to send down the guy with the 1.005 OPS in order to keep Jake fucking Lamb around. There may not be a place for Mendick with Anderson back but Jake Lamb sure as hell doesn't seem to have any real role on this club, his lack of versatility makes him pretty worthless. If Nick Williams is earning playing time based on his Spring stats then Lamb's awful March numbers should cost him. I do not care that he's left handed.

Nick Williams didn't earn playing time. He got playing time because THREE outfielders got injured. And, yeah, if Lamb is still on the roster tonight that is ridiculous.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Thank god.  It's amazing how uninteresting this team is when he's not in the lineup.  

I wouldn't call the last 2 games uninteresting...the first being a frustrating pitcher's dual and yesterday was electric.  But Yes I am very happy that our true leader is back in Anderson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Gotta be Williams. 

Lamb will stick around because he is left handed and has a decent track record. 

The bigger issue will be what happens when Hamilton and Engel return.

Lamb should be gone when Engel comes back. Don’t think Hamilton has a spot on this team when everybody is healthy. 

Just now, Bad Hombre said:

Lamb should be gone when Engel comes back. Don’t think Hamilton has a spot on this team when everybody is healthy. 

OF: Engel, Robert, Eaton, Vaughn, Garcia

IF: Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal, Abreu, Mendick

C : Grandal, Collins, Mercedes

That's what it has to be. I can't see any justification for keeping Lamb or Hamilton over any of those guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Gotta be Williams. 

Lamb will stick around because he is left handed and has a decent track record. 

The bigger issue will be what happens when Hamilton and Engel return.

Leury gets a lot of complaints his way when he's thrust into a starting role (and rightfully so), but this bolded part is why he's so important as a super sub where he really has value. "Starting SS back? Nice, nice, Leury to back up the outfield. Better outfielders come back? Same guy now backs up everyone."

That flexibility really helps this team maximize his roster slot and use another slot for even more depth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Leury gets a lot of complaints his way when he's thrust into a starting role (and rightfully so), but this bolded part is why he's so important as a super sub where he really has value. "Starting SS back? Nice, nice, Leury to back up the outfield. Better outfielders come back? Same guy now backs up everyone."

That flexibility really helps this team maximize his roster slot and use another slot for even more depth.

Leury Garcia is a paradox. You really want him on the roster, and at the same time you really don't want him playing much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Yep Leury is versatile and cannot be DFA. He sucks as a starter but he isn't nearly as bad as he has played. He and Engel are critical role players for us and Hamilton is creeping into that category with his speed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

OF: Engel, Robert, Eaton, Vaughn, Garcia

IF: Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal, Abreu, Mendick

C : Grandal, Collins, Mercedes

That's what it has to be. I can't see any justification for keeping Lamb or Hamilton over any of those guys.

If everyone is healthy I'd argue keeping Hamilton over Mendick. You can pinch run him as necessary late in games and still have viable backups all over the field to come into the game. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

If everyone is healthy I'd argue keeping Hamilton over Mendick. You can pinch run him as necessary late in games and still have viable backups all over the field to come into the game. 

Keeping Hamilton over Mendick means that Garcia is the only backup available for all of 3B, SS and 2B. Any time any of those guys needs a day off, those at bats to go Garcia instead of Mendick, and I think that difference matters more than whatever value a pinch runner gives you. Also, Garcia, Mendick and Engel when not starting can all pinch run capably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was gonna say go with the EXACT lineup from yesterday...but TA7 throws that all out of whack! My concern is that TLR is gonna get cute today for the day game. I think this is what I would love to see:
TA7
Eaton
Abreu
Moncada
Yermin (and yes, it should be yermin over Moncada at 4, but it wont)
Grandal
Robert (I am good with Robert and Eaton flipping, just can't see TLR agreeing)
Vaughn
Madrigal

I think Lamb was a decent pick-up. He has had some decent at bats in his very limited playing time and he is a very good corner IF. However, with Yerminˋs red hot start he might be caught in the numbers game. Lamb should survive TA coming back, but when Engel is back it’s probably time for him to go. Hopefully he is,willing to go to Schaumburg.