It’s Tim Fucking Anderson day!

Greydawgfan1

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Nick Williams didn't earn playing time. He got playing time because THREE outfielders got injured. And, yeah, if Lamb is still on the roster tonight that is ridiculous.

He did earn it based on Spring training over the other Sox LH outfielders like Luis Gonzalez and Rutherford. Then the injuries.

Edit : How is that funny to anyone? He came up over those other Ofers. That's just a fact.  So petty when I am doing my best to be gracious.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Thoughts and prayers, @CaliSoxFanViaSWside.

Thank you and I don't care if Williams got DFA'd he might not have if he had got a couple of hits in his chances but hey he got chances he just didn't do anything with them. Playing him was part of the process to get rid of him or keep him. If Vaughn is sent down to the minors in May I'll send you thoughts and prayers too. How he plays is also part of the process on where he ends up . I wonder if Luis Gonzalez is coming up or they just go with Leury as 4th OF and Mendick as spare INF. Engel and Hamilton both back by next home stand on the 23rd ? They extended Engel's time to the 23rd when he was due off the IL by the 10th or 11th . Hamilton due off the IL by the 18th or 19th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You're so silly.

Explain to me why ? The Sox put him on the team because of the way he performed in ST over Gonzalez and Rutherford isn't that true? That's what the other poster meant. Of course injuries led to the promotion but the Sox could've chosen Gonzalez or Rutherford if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

OF: Engel, Robert, Eaton, Vaughn, Garcia

IF: Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal, Abreu, Mendick

C : Grandal, Collins, Mercedes

That's what it has to be. I can't see any justification for keeping Lamb or Hamilton over any of those guys.

Hamilton will be there for the pinch running and 10 th inning replacement. Mendick isn't those.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Except hit left handed with power. The sox have plenty of RH hitters already

Since 2018.  Jake Lamb hits a HR on 1.84% of his at bats.  Danny Mendick hits a HR on 2.92% of his at bats (almost double).  Lamb isn't that power guy anymore. Give me the defensive versatility over a left handed body who can't play anywhere but 3rd.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

I was gonna say go with the EXACT lineup from yesterday...but TA7 throws that all out of whack! My concern is that TLR is gonna get cute today for the day game. I think this is what I would love to see:
TA7
Eaton
Abreu
Moncada
Yermin (and yes, it should be yermin over Moncada at 4, but it wont)
Grandal
Robert (I am good with Robert and Eaton flipping, just can't see TLR agreeing)
Vaughn
Madrigal

The reason Collins caught yesterday was so that Grandal could catch today. They will always have different catchers on day games following night games.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Since 2018.  Jake Lamb hits a HR on 1.84% of his at bats.  Danny Mendick hits a HR on 2.92% of his at bats (almost double).  Lamb isn't that power guy anymore. Give me the defensive versatility over a left handed body who can't play anywhere but 3rd.

You can say it all you want. It's not happening. They want a real 3B and an LH hitter. None of the others are real 3B.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Engel and Garcia are both capable pinch runners and unlikely to both ever be in the lineup such that neither is available.

Possible. But i think they really like the base running ability of Hamilton over anyone else. That's why they signed him.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah, I doubt we’ll see Hamilton again in a Sox uniform. Engel does everything he does, but better.

Hamilton is the better base stealer . They are equally fast ,maybe Engel even a little faster  but Hamilton is perhaps the best base stealer in baseball. He just doesn't have much else. Hamilton is also more likely to reach 1st on infield hits more often because he's LH  so it's a shorter route to 1st and probably has a better walk rate than Engel.

The questions will be Lamb or Hamilton. I don't see anyway Mendick makes the cut until Leury get injured.

Leury and Medick are redundant with Leury being a switch hitter and able to play the OF, that gives him the advantage

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Hamilton can't score from 2nd when Garcia is killing a rally because Mendick isn't there.

They have to hope that Garcia isn't next up in the lineup then. Or on the bench as the supersub.