It’s Tim Fucking Anderson day!

Greydawgfan1

16 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

"He has options" is an excuse rebuilding teams use to make roster decisions, not contenders.

Mendick was not on the team because Lamb was an insurance policy for Mercedes/Vaughn. Now we know that those two are good enough to squeeze out Lamb.

As for LH power off the bench, whichever catcher isn't starting is LH with better power than Lamb. Engel will start in RF for Engel vs some LH starters and that gives another good power option against a RH reliever. Lamb is utterly useless at this point. Even moreso than Hamilton.

It's not an excuse. It's real live 4D chess in baseball. Lamb and Hamilton are not useless. These types of guys are on every good tram. That's the purpose of having really good starters, so that the subs are good situational players. 

Uts far too short sighted to not have guys like this on the team. 

The way its going though it may be Vaughn once the MiLB season starts. 

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's not an excuse. It's real live 4D chess in baseball. Lamb and Hamilton are not useless. These types of guys are on every good tram. That's the purpose of having really good starters, so that the subs are good situational players. 

Uts far too short sighted to not have guys like this on the team. 

The way its going though it may be Vaughn once the MiLB season starts. 

Name a guy on any good team who can only play 3B/1B, can't hit lefties at all, and can barely hit righties.

5 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Name a guy on any good team who can only play 3B/1B, can't hit lefties at all, and can barely hit righties.

Similar how the Dogers used max Muncy in the post season last year. All good teams have that pinch hitter with power they like off the bench.

It may not work out but all teams look for that guy for the post season.

Look at a guy like Scott Broadus who was world series mvp or Geoff Blum from 2005.

11 hours ago, ptatc said:

Similar how the Dogers used max Muncy in the post season last year. All good teams have that pinch hitter with power they like off the bench.

It may not work out but all teams look for that guy for the post season.

Look at a guy like Scott Broadus who was world series mvp or Geoff Blum from 2005.

Muncy got 248 PA in 2020 and 589 in 2019. That's a starter, not a bench player.

Blum played several positions.

I don't even know who Scott Broadus is.

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Muncy got 248 PA in 2020 and 589 in 2019. That's a starter, not a bench player.

Blum played several positions.

I don't even know who Scott Broadus is.

Scott Brosius was a role player who was the World Series MVP.

I guess we'll see what the team does.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Scott Brosius was a role player who was the World Series MVP.

I guess we'll see what the team does.

Scott Brosius had over 600 PA the year he won WS MVP. You're confusing full-time players who start at multiple positions with washed up former sluggers who have limited defensive utility.

12 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Scott Brosius had over 600 PA the year he won WS MVP. You're confusing full-time players who start at multiple positions with washed up former sluggers who have limited defensive utility.

Oh yeah. I'm old and remembered that wrong. Anyway, I'll still wager they keep Lamb over Mendick.