CLE @ SOX, 1:10 PM Central

BigHurt3515

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Starting pitching by both has been impressive this series besides Plesac. Everything else has been ugly.

The way these guys are looking, they're going to struggle to score runs all season. 

Abreu, Grandal and Moncada might be toast. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Sox and Twins gonna be tied for last after today. When do both start their fire sales?  :)

Hopefully soon. Better sell high before the suck infects everyone. (Sarcasm intended) 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The way these guys are looking, they're going to struggle to score runs all season. 

Abreu, Grandal and Moncada might be toast. 

Abreu has always been poor in the cold months.

Grandal is who he is. .240, .360

Moncada does make me a tad nervous (one good year)

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Abreu has always been poor in the cold months.

Grandal is who he is. .240, .360

Moncada does make me a tad nervous (one good year)

Abreu should be fine. He won’t be MVP caliber but still a reliable run producer. The thing that should make everyone nervous about Grandal is he’s usually a strong starter and fades down the stretch. I knew it was going to be ugly for him at the start when he said he wasn’t focusing on offense to start the season.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

Abreu should be fine. He won’t be MVP caliber but still a reliable starter. The thing that should make everyone nervous about Grandal is he’s usually a strong starter and fades down the stretch. I knew it was going to be ugly for him at the start when he said he wasn’t focusing on offense to start the season.

You think Moncada can turn it around or is he toast? 

Abreu is an older slugger and sometimes those guys just lose it for no apparent reason. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think Moncada should make everyone a little nervous (even the smidgiest) at this point.  I am a little nervous and I always give guys the benefit of the doubt. (no this isn't a 12 game panic statement).

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Abreu is an older slugger and sometimes those guys just lose it for no apparent reason. 

Not ready to say Yoan is toast. I don’t think he’s a possible MVP candidate like he seemed after 2019, but he should be a 3 WAR or better player.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I think Moncada should make everyone a little nervous at this point.  I am a little nervous and I always give guys the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah I want the guy to be good as much as anyone, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

An analyst I was listening too was talking about how a player like Moncada focusing on music in the offseason shows where his mind is and downgraded him in his rankings.

I kind of agree with that.

If you look at a guy like Pete Alonso, he got big, did all these commercials and somewhat sucked in 2020, but came in this season extremely focused, turned down some offers, and is looking a bit better. 

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

An analyst I was listening too was talking about how a player like Moncada focusing on music in the offseason shows where his mind is and downgraded him in his rankings.

I kind of agree with that.

If you look at a guy like Pete Alonso, he got big, did all these commercials and somewhat sucked in 2020, but came in this season extremely focused, turned down some offers, and is looking a bit better. 

Then your Padres should have never signed Tatis

• Like 1