CLE @ SOX, 1:10 PM Central

BigHurt3515

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

An analyst I was listening too was talking about how a player like Moncada focusing on music in the offseason shows where his mind is and downgraded him in his rankings.

I kind of agree with that.

If you look at a guy like Pete Alonso, he got big, did all these commercials and somewhat sucked in 2020, but came in this season extremely focused, turned down some offers, and is looking a bit better. 

I listen to that podcast too and I think the point was completely absurd. Of course people can disagree, but having interests outside of baseball is healthy and normal. Giolito is arguably the best player on this team and clearly there's more to his life than just baseball. It'd be one thing if Moncada wasn't in great physical, but he is, and we saw how quickly he transitioned to a new position and excelled there immediately. Come on. The guy was practically dying on the field during games last season and still put up 1.6 WAR in 53 games.

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Abreu has always been poor in the cold months.

Grandal is who he is. .240, .360

Moncada does make me a tad nervous (one good year)

Grandal hitting .240 would be a massive improvement. .215 now in a sox uniform

Vaughn looking better at the field than at the plate.  I think he will be fine eventually but I am ok with sending him down when minors start.  I am not sure he is quite ready for Major League pitching yet.

• Like 1