CLE @ SOX, 1:10 PM Central

BigHurt3515

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Right, which he probably won't be.  But if he is, and Yermin is for real, Eloy is the odd man out as far as I'm concerned.

lol, right ditch Eloy for the guy that was last seen putting up a 740 OPS in high A and who looks like he can't catch up to 92 mph heat.  I like Vaughn, he was clearly rushed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This team just looked bad. Why was Moncada playing so far back in the 8th when the Indians had a left-handed hitter leading off? Then he makes a wild throw when he should have held onto the ball. It lead to an insurance run the Sox couldn't afford to give up because their offense is so putrid. Did LaRussa stay awake today?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Somebody would need to be traded, and Eloy and Mercedes can't play defense, although Yermin's ability to be an emergency catcher gives him a bit of an edge.

Maybe Vaughn or Eloy go for a good starter. Lynn's and Gio's futures here are uncertain and Keuchel is getting older

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, right ditch Eloy for the guy that was last seen putting up a 740 OPS in high A and who looks like he can't catch up to 92 mph heat.  I like Vaughn, he was clearly rushed.

Wait. But Hahn said that Vaughn looked great at the alternate site and had we watched, we'd understand. 

29 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

An analyst I was listening too was talking about how a player like Moncada focusing on music in the offseason shows where his mind is and downgraded him in his rankings.

I kind of agree with that.

If you look at a guy like Pete Alonso, he got big, did all these commercials and somewhat sucked in 2020, but came in this season extremely focused, turned down some offers, and is looking a bit better. 

Do you blame him? Have you seen the women in the music video with him?

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I think people are focusing on the wrong people. Abreu tanked every scoring opportunity we had at the top of the lineup. Him and grandal were awful. Both their errors cost a run. Blame pito it would have been 2-1 if pito didn’t have a double error and if grandal didn’t let a ball go through his legs

Edited by Greydawgfan1
  • Like 1

I've been a White Sox fan for many years, and many times I've heard the phrase "don't worry, it's early." It's early now, but it's not too early to worry about this team. Grandal is bad, and Vaughn should be in the minors. LaRussa is the wrong man for the job. This is not good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, NWINFan said:

I've been a White Sox fan for many years, and many times I've heard the phrase "don't worry, it's early." It's early now, but it's not too early to worry about this team. Grandal is bad, and Vaughn should be in the minors. LaRussa is the wrong man for the job. This is not good.

Dude step away you haven’t learned anything in all your years. Honestly I’d just stop watching. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Hey to each their own, and I don't necessairly agree that MLB players should only focus on MLB, but having a hobby like music with that kind of offseason... i could see Moncada as a guy who's not 'into it' as much. 

I really would like to see this team come out and play well next week in Cleveland.  They cannot continue to play this poorly against them.  I doubt Kansas City is going to be the walkover they were last year which means the Sox are going to have to play better against Cleveland and the Twins.  

I know that a split in the series is not bad, but the Sox really should have won 3 of these games.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Hey to each their own, and I don't necessairly agree that MLB players should only focus on MLB, but having a hobby like music with that kind of offseason... i could see Moncada as a guy who's not 'into it' as much. 

This is literally the dumbest discussion ever. He’s been playing great defense and has more hits than abreu and grandal combined. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

11 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

This is literally the dumbest discussion ever. He’s been playing great defense and has more hits than abreu and grandal combined. 

I was joking around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Abreu and Moncada have the same amount of hits. 

And neither have as many as Madrigal. And madrigal has a higher OPS than both.

(lights fuse and runs away)

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

I know we disagree but it is physically impossible to stretch him out this year. He is either reliever in the minors or a reliever in the majors.

No, I’ll trust you on this ptac, you’ve more than proven yourself in the sports medicine field on here, you know way more than I do in that regard. I just think this season is going to be almost a total loss for Crochet if the plan is to make him a starter. If he ends up being an RP...fine (not fine, but you get it) but if they are still saying they want him as a starter long term, him throwing in an situation like today is awful.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Dude step away you haven’t learned anything in all your years. Honestly I’d just stop watching. 

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. It makes no sense, although it is condescending.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

QFT. I'll never understand how people so heavily convinced themselves a guy who never hit above A ball would be ready so certainly.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

Bingo. Definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome. Could it work out? Is it possible we are worrying for nothing? Of course it is. But using deductive reasoning and actually paying attention to the fact that we've been saying the exact same shit year after year just to end in disappointment... that constant should concern more people, rather than being in denial. This has been an epidemic forever with this organization. And people should also admit that fairly likely possibly as well. 

When people ADMIT that ownership is incompetent and won't spend where it needs to yet lecture and bash others for not having an optimistic outlook, that's cognitive dissonance.

Edited by RagahRagah

29 minutes ago, Tony said:

No, I’ll trust you on this ptac, you’ve more than proven yourself in the sports medicine field on here, you know way more than I do in that regard. I just think this season is going to be almost a total loss for Crochet if the plan is to make him a starter. If he ends up being an RP...fine (not fine, but you get it) but if they are still saying they want him as a starter long term, him throwing in an situation like today is awful.

What about today makes that an awful situation for Crochet? Honestly curious why you feel that way. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What about today makes that an awful situation for Crochet? Honestly curious why you feel that way. 

He threw 0.2 IP and 8 pitches in his appearance today. If that’s how he is going to be used....this entire year is a waste for him in the long term plan. 

• Thanks 1