CLE @ SOX, 1:10 PM Central

BigHurt3515

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It's also absolutely criminal how they are using Crochet, if they really think he is going to be a starter. 

I know they won't do it, but I pray they send him to AAA once the MiLB season starts and start the stretch out process. 

Yeah he’s not developing at all and isn’t really helping the team either in this role.

1 minute ago, Bad Hombre said:

Naylor was barely halfway down the line and doesn’t possess great speed...had plenty of time

Almost looked like he thought there were two outs...either that or I’ve been at too many Little League games of late

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's also absolutely criminal how they are using Crochet, if they really think he is going to be a starter. 

I know they won't do it, but I pray they send him to AAA once the MiLB season starts and start the stretch out process. 

I know we disagree but it is physically impossible to stretch him out this year. He is either reliever in the minors or a reliever in the majors.

Just now, ptatc said:

I know we disagree but it is physically impossible to stretch him out this year. He is either reliever in the minors or a reliever in the majors.

I'm hoping he gets a standard reliever's innings this year, then pitches in AA/AAA as a starter next year to build up innings with a target of 2023 as an MLB starter. I fear he'll be in the bullpen again next year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ptatc said:

But using him as a one inning reliever does nothing to get him ready for next year, which then makes it harder to get him ready for 2023.  What’s scary is he should be at 100 mph in short relief.

• Thanks 1

Colome escaped with his typical tight rope act in the top of the 9th...tied 3-3 still.

Indians were hitting .195 entering the game...interesting no throw there at first.  Poor grip on ball?

Eaton pushed off bag play that would have been 2nd and 3rd, no outs looms large.  Offense continues to look like total garbage.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

While I haven't agreed with all the moves LaRussa has done so far to start the season, the ineptitude of this offense really leaves no room for error. 

We say this every other day, but they need to acquire a legit outfielder sooner rather than later.