The Show

Squirmin' for Yermin

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

With MLB The Show coming out in the next week.  When will the White Sox OSFM rosters be released?  I believe someone here actually does it?  I hate that the game will be released SO LATE, and then i'll have to wait a month or so for the minors.

It might be a bit since there is no year to year carry over feature in this one.

I'm cool with the delay because as of now a few guys should look much better upon release than they normally would have been. 

I always do fantasy rosters and was gonna be looking into a 4th/5th starter and a DH. With how Rodon and Mercedes are looking I might not even need/want to, lol. 

Edited by RagahRagah

I have an Xbox Series X. It’s “free“ on game pass come tuesday, but I spent 80 bucks on the jackie robinson edition just to play it this friday. 

My wife planned to take our kids to her parents for the weekend and I have literally nothing else to do than sitting on my butt playing video games.

80 bucks for four days of early access seems steep, but it’s not like there was much to look forward to during covid

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Thanks, I knew it probably had to go somewhere else.  Wasn't sure where.

Not a big deal.  It will probably stay on the first page a lot longer on slam than it will in PHT

32 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Kinda bullshit that it'll be out on Xbox but not on PC. The Show and NHL, the only 2 major sports games not on PC.

Show, NHL, Madden, and PGA golf are the only games that I even play. I don't like spending $400+ on a console for those. Would be nice if they were released on PC one day. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

With MLB The Show coming out in the next week.  When will the White Sox OSFM rosters be released?  I believe someone here actually does it?  I hate that the game will be released SO LATE, and then i'll have to wait a month or so for the minors.

They incorporated those in game last year. Is that not a thing this year? 

Will Yermin be given the 99 he deserves?

9 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I didn't own the game last year! So you think the minors will already be installed completely this year?

They were last year, and the top 100 prospects all had commentary and were pretty accurately modelled. I would be pretty surprised if that wasn't the case again. But the minors are weird like college so I guess nothing is guaranteed. 

There was a weird bug though where a bunch of guys (like Matt Foster) all looked like a short, squat Dominican dude. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mqr said:

They were last year, and the top 100 prospects all had commentary and were pretty accurately modelled. I would be pretty surprised if that wasn't the case again. But the minors are weird like college so I guess nothing is guaranteed. 

There was a weird bug though where a bunch of guys (like Matt Foster) all looked like a short, squat Dominican dude. 

There is still tweaking to the roster done by the OSFM team.

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I use to play some of the console games a while back MLB2k, (Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the n64) and others. These days I just have a computer. Anyone here recommend a good baseball game for PC? Would like to check something out.

MVP mods is still going strong last I heard. They update teams, players, uniforms for MVP Baseball 2005 (best baseball game of all time) on PC.

Edited by manbearpuig

18 minutes ago, mqr said:

Big update is Jose finally let them scan his face. 

Oh shit really? It's about time.

Edit: still debating on if I am getting this or not. I still have a PS4 and don't really want to upgrade to PS5. Does anyone know what the differences are (besides the graphics which didn't look crazy improved in the comparison video I watched yesterday) between PS4 and PS5 versions?

Edited by manbearpuig

15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Oh shit really? It's about time.

Edit: still debating on if I am getting this or not. I still have a PS4 and don't really want to upgrade to PS5. Does anyone know what the differences are (besides the graphics which didn't look crazy improved in the comparison video I watched yesterday) between PS4 and PS5 versions?

Yeah it still looks kinda off but it’s better than Teddy Bear Jose we’ve gotten the last few years. 

And I think the only difference is the stadium creator doesn’t seem to be on ps4

On 4/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, manbearpuig said:

In a spot in my life where I don't play many games anymore so I know that if I buy a new gen system, I'm buying a $500+ dust collector. I'm so glad other games I want are still coming out on Ps4: Spider-Man Miles Morales, MLB The Show 21, Resident Evil 8.

I won't be getting a ps5 until next year at least. Not sure yet if I will be getting the mlb the show for my ps4 or not. I hear the  next gen you can like create a stadium and what not, which is freaking amazing. Always wanted them to do it. But I just don't want to shell out $600-$700 for the ps5, accessories and the game. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I won't be getting a ps5 until next year at least. Not sure yet if I will be getting the mlb the show for my ps4 or not. I hear the  next gen you can like create a stadium and what not, which is freaking amazing. Always wanted them to do it. But I just don't want to shell out $600-$700 for the ps5, accessories and the game. 

I will stick with my ps4.