The Show

Squirmin' for Yermin

On 4/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, wolves01 said:

My curiosity was up and TA was on the cover, so I bought RBI Baseball.  What a joke.  It's now a beer coaster. Can't wait for the Show to come out and play it on the PS5

I really enjoyed RBI 2020 on ios, but 2021 is trash.  Crashes constantly, gameplay is meh at best, hitting is extremely difficult.  I wish there was an ios version of The Show.

Sooooo basically the ratings so far seem to indicate they don't even realize Mercedes, Hauer and a fee others have even done anything this year. Perhaps they haven't released it with an update to the initial ratings but that would seem rather odd to me. 

Edited by RagahRagah

The menus are god awful, the ratings are basically the same as last year and they stripped down an already kinda shitty franchise mode. Sports games are pretty fucking terrible these days if you're into franchise mode and not collecting cards considering that's the only part of the game that gets updated.

1 hour ago, Kalapse said:

The menus are god awful, the ratings are basically the same as last year and they stripped down an already kinda shitty franchise mode. Sports games are pretty fucking terrible these days if you're into franchise mode and not collecting cards considering that's the only part of the game that gets updated.

Glad I didn't get it then. Franchise is what I really want the game for. I also like online head to head but those games don't seem to mean much anymore. I was never into card collecting or diamond dynasty. Kind of sucks that's the route they chose to go.

How is the create a ballpark mode?

Haven't gotten a chance to really dive into it yet but what did they strip away from franchise mode (my favorite mode)?

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Glad I didn't get it then. Franchise is what I really want the game for. I also like online head to head but those games don't seem to mean much anymore. I was never into card collecting or diamond dynasty. Kind of sucks that's the route they chose to go.

How is the create a ballpark mode?

They chose that route cause that's what makes them money. It's an unfortunate trend in video games in general unfortunately. 

• Like 1

May I suggest OOTP 21? 

I'm thinking about it. 

I like actual gameplay sometimes, but thanks for the heads up as I'll wait until the price drops to $40 to pick up Show. 

3 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Haven't gotten a chance to really dive into it yet but what did they strip away from franchise mode (my favorite mode)?

Everything just feels less, for example player morale is gone, it was annoying at times but rather than retool it they removed it. Playing it some more it's basically the exact same game as '20 in a more annoying package, for example: the bars for player ratings on player cards are extremely skinny and hard to discern, the wheel of player ratings is really ugly and harder to make out, everything is kinda like that. 2 improvements I did notice: you can view AAA stats on player cards and the budget page is much better as well as the budget portion of the trade screen, it tells you exactly how many millions you are under or over budget and how the trade will affect that. But that's about it.

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

They chose that route cause that's what makes them money. It's an unfortunate trend in video games in general unfortunately. 

I get why they do it and understand that it's the lament of a lot of sports video game fans but they really don't fix the small things or make even small quality of life improvements anymore, it may not make them money but it's still a part of the product so it's still annoying regardless.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:32 PM, RagahRagah said:

Sooooo basically the ratings so far seem to indicate they don't even realize Mercedes, Hauer and a fee others have even done anything this year. Perhaps they haven't released it with an update to the initial ratings but that would seem rather odd to me. 

They ratings update for the first few weeks of the season will come out soon/later.

Once that first update happens, they usually update once every 2 weeks.

Those of you franchise players should consider diamond dynasty.

I was a franchise only player for years until I started to learn a bit about DD.

Franchise isn't going to be expanded anytime soon, it just doesn't make the companies money. If you want to experience franchise in single player, then go play OOTP or whatever it is. It's much more extensive in that aspect.

Diamond Dynasty is definitely an amazing mode. MLB The Show does it better than any other sporting game.

Right now, I have a lot going on in my life so I am only dedicating a little time to the game. I'm focused on collecting as many cards as I can through the various modes and I love building my team. 

I was a world series player last year, but will likely not play too competitively this year. Mostly focused on the offline grind. 

7 hours ago, Kalapse said:

The menus are awful? What? The menus are easy to navigate for the first time; much more organized. Other than that, mostly agree. They added new features and for me it's about standard for a Show game.

The thing that sucks is this is their first version for next gen and they didn't rehaul anything. The game should have gotten a graphical upgrade. And since it didn't, it lacking a few features 20 had makes no real sense.

Edited by RagahRagah

9 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

The menus are awful? What? The menus are easy to navigate for the first time; much more organized. Other than that, mostly agree. They added new features and for me it's about standard for a Show game.

The thing that sucks is this is there first version for next gen and they didn't rehaul anything. The game should have gotten a graphical upgrade. And since it didn't, it lacking a few features 20 had makes no real sense.

Rosters are located in a little circle in the upper right hand corner and there’s like 3 nesting menus to save a franchise.

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, Jack Parkman said:

May I suggest OOTP 21? 

I'm thinking about it. 

I like actual gameplay sometimes, but thanks for the heads up as I'll wait until the price drops to $40 to pick up Show. 

This bullshit is prevalent in even OOTP now too, the Perfect Team mode gets extra things that a normal league mode doesn't. Why? Because of the fucking packs. People just have to open their fucking packs. It's fun, I admit but holy shit it has taken over everything, they moved on from loot boxes to something slightly less predatory (I guess) and now it's ubiquitous.

This bullshit is prevalent in even OOTP now too, the Perfect Team mode gets extra things that a normal league mode doesn't. Why? Because of the fucking packs. People just have to open their fucking packs. It's fun, I admit but holy shit it has taken over everything, they moved on from loot boxes to something slightly less predatory (I guess) and now it's ubiquitous.

Once they stop making sports games for ps4 I'm done.