Lets Not Panic

AJ'S Cousin

Yes, we are 6 and 7. Abreu is swinging at everything below the knees and looking like shit ( except defensively). Yes it seems Eloy missing is hurting us. The defense has cost us a minimum of 2 maybe 3 games. 

I sound like a broken record, its a marathon not a sprint. Another cliché, you don't win a division in April but you can lose one. We are 6 and 7, not 1 and 12. 2 and 11 etc. 

The Good: 

Starting Pitching looks great

Eaton looks like a great move for now, will he fade?? Don't think so, he's a pro

Yermin is Rookie of the Year currently, remember, with thought Robert had it wrapped up last year. Yermin should be in the lineup everyday, whether catching or DH.

Bullpen looks good MOST of the time. 

Vaughn hasn't blown a play in left yet and made a real nice play today, looked in other games and his swing is improving and should play everyday in left for now. 

Rodon rebirth is unreal if it continues, i think it will. 

Kopech is stretching out nicely.  

Collins coming along nicely both calling a game and defensively

The 3 headed catcher program is working out

Warm weather coming Abreu will start hitting

The Bad: 

Defense

Defense

Defense

Abreu's slump

Moncada Slump

Robert still swinging at anything in county, as is Abreu it seems. 

Bummer, not the Bummer of 2019 yet

These are just a few observations I've made. Not the whole story but i still believe things will turn around and we win the Division and go on to face either LAD or the Padres. 

4 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I'm retired, i got nothing else to do but watch baseball and CNBC!!!

For the record, I agree with most of your points and I'm not "panicking." That would indicate I had high hopes from the beginning, for one. Second, it's not in my nature. But there are definitely a plethora of things to be concerned about.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I'm retired, i got nothing else to do but watch baseball and CNBC!!!

Hey man, I agree with your OP. Sox will be fine. It’s ugly right now but just gonna stay afloat. Not like anyone in the central is running away with it. A 4-2 round trip would sure be nice, but settle for 3-3. 

Sox are a good baseball team, and the bats will come around. TA is back. TLR lineup was solid today. Im not worried, though rattling off some wins would sure be nice. 

RAg\\

8 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

For the record, I agree with most of your points and I'm not "panicking." That would indicate I had high hopes from the beginning, for one. Second, it's not in my nature. But there are definitely a plethora if things to be concerned about.

You are not panicking, I am not panicking, Sox has been slow starters many times and do warm up and yes the bats will come around but I'm slightly concerned but not panicking about  Bummer and Grandl. Remember Grandl hit below 200 last year and he looks like shit so far this year. Thank God we have Yermin an Collins if this continues, and the bullpen is deep enough to overcome Bummer until he straightens out. Nice talking to you 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hey man, I agree with your OP. Sox will be fine. It’s ugly right now but just gonna stay afloat. Not like anyone in the central is running away with it. A 4-2 round trip would sure be nice, but settle for 3-3. 

Sox are a good baseball team, and the bats will come around. TA is back. TLR lineup was solid today. Im not worried, though rattling off some wins would sure be nice. 

TA is back and will make a difference, So will Bummer if he gets his head out of his ass along with Grandl. Leave Yermin at DH everyday, rotate Collins and Grandl behind the plate until Grandl starts hitting, move Redon to #4  and all will be good. You may see a slow shift in the rotation if Rodon Keeps it up. Lucas, Lynn, Rodon, Keuchel, Cease, when he returns. THATS IF REDON IS THE OLD REDON!!! 

35 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

For the record, I agree with most of your points and I'm not "panicking." That would indicate I had high hopes from the beginning, for one. Second, it's not in my nature. But there are definitely a plethora of things to be concerned about.

Abreu had the play of the game last night, but hard to praise his defense too much today. 

Going on the road to Boston, Cleveland, etc., will start to tell us a lot more about this team's ability to go an extended run or merely tread water waiting for the lineup we originally imagined with Eloy.  

But Eloy as exalted & redeeming savior after his 4 month ethereal vacation isn't something anyone in the front office should be counting on. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

TA is back and will make a difference, So will Bummer if he gets his head out of his ass along with Grandl. Leave Yermin at DH everyday, rotate Collins and Grandl behind the plate until Grandl starts hitting, move Redon to #4  and all will be good. You may see a slow shift in the rotation if Rodon Keeps it up. Lucas, Lynn, Rodon, Keuchel, Cease, when he returns. THATS IF REDON IS THE OLD REDON!!! 

Or Moncada is the old Moncada... or Abreu is the old Abreu. 

People have no concept of what other teams are also dealing with.  We are absolutely frickin stacked with good players compared to any other team in the AL.  It’s not even close.  Most teams kinda suck right now

Go ahead, try to make an argument that you’d rather have the Yankees roster 😂

Edited by Jerksticks

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

People have no concept of what other teams are also dealing with.  We are absolutely frickin stacked with good players compared to any other team in the AL.  It’s not even close.  Most teams kinda suck right now

Go ahead, try to make an argument that you’d rather have the Yankees roster 😂

Other teams are bad, therefore we shouldn't be bothered about being bad.

Um, no. Doesn't work, sorry.

And again, the Yankees have a history of great scouting, development, investing, and winning. Who cares about their roster this year? There's not a fan alive that wouldn't switch ownership with the Yankees. If we were the Yankees we would all be quite happy. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Other teams are bad, therefore we shouldn't be bothered about being bad.

Um, no. Doesn't work, sorry.

And again, the Yankees have a history of great scouting, development, investing, and winning. Who cares about their roster this year? There's not a fan alive that wouldn't switch ownership with the Yankees. If we were the Yankees we would all be quite happy. 

No man, I’m saying look at the standings.  Pretty much every team that was supposed to be really good this year is about .500 or under.   Only the Dodgers and Padres seem to be walking the walk.  

Seriously take a look.  Seems to me that the Twins, Sox, Tribe, Jays, Yankees, Rays, Astros, Braves, Mets, Phillies and the entire NL Central must all be blowing some games too.  

Seems like most of the league is working out the kinks to start the year, including us.  I wouldn’t trade our roster with any of those.  Ownership, yes.  But I said roster.  

If you can’t see that we’re stacked compared to almost every team I don’t know what to tell you except...maybe take some drugs to relax 😂

9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

No man, I’m saying look at the standings.  Pretty much every team that was supposed to be really good this year is about .500 or under.   Only the Dodgers and Padres seem to be walking the walk.  

Seriously take a look.  Seems to me that the Twins, Sox, Tribe, Jays, Yankees, Rays, Astros, Braves, Mets, Phillies and the entire NL Central must all be blowing some games too.  

Seems like most of the league is working out the kinks to start the year, including us.  I wouldn’t trade our roster with any of those.  Ownership, yes.  But I said roster.  

If you can’t see that we’re stacked compared to almost every team I don’t know what to tell you except...maybe take some drugs to relax 😂

Benneti has pointed out a few times that if you look at standings, only a couple games really separates all the teams (minus Red Sox and Dodgers). Everyone is close. Just continue playing close games, .500 ball until the offense heats up (hopefully soon).

Edited by manbearpuig

7 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

I totally get what you're saying. But the Sox have more to prove. Many other teams have history of heating up as time goes on. The Sox... don't. And unfortunately simply having talent is not enough.