4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx, 3:05 PM CST

Capn12

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx
  • Capn12 changed the title to 4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx, 3:05 PM CST
3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

LTR loves sitting our highest paid player in franchise history. Whoever predicted he would catch about 130 games this year is going to be way the fuck off lol

Kinda like when he got days off with McCann or are you just over reacting lol Zach Collins has been good behind the dish. Don’t over react 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I think the best thing today is moving abreu down. Cold starts aren’t acceptable when we need to win. Love e guy but he needs to start hot or he doesn’t get the 3 spot 

The Twins and Indians are unlikely to pull away, but yeah, so frustrating.

Hey, at least we didn’t trade Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows for Chris Archer, right?

Taillon, Cole, Glasnow and Musgrove would run away with the NL Central if they still had Starling Marte and 2019 Josh Bell.  We’re raw enough about Montas, Bassitt and Dunning...

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Twins and Indians are unlikely to pull away, but yeah, so frustrating.

Hey, at least we didn’t trade Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows for Chris Archer, right?

Taillon, Cole, Glasnow and Musgrove would run away with the NL Central if they still had Starling Marte and 2019 Josh Bell.  We’re raw enough about Montas, Bassitt and Dunning...

No teams really are in any division (besides Dodgers). Like I said the other day, they just gotta stay around .500 and be in most games until the offense finds consistency. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

No teams really are in any division (besides Dodgers). Like I said the other day, they just gotta stay around .500 and be in most games until the offense finds consistency. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

The Dodgers start 8 hitters at 947 ops or better, and then Cody Bellinger, an MVP-caliber player when healthy.   Their pitching might be even better than their offense if they get the good Kenley back to close.

But listening to the Yankees’ game now, and seeing what happened yesterday with pissed off fans in NYC, it’s all about expectations.   The White Sox have typically had their best seasons (1983, 2000, 2005, 2008...even 2010/12/16 start) when nothing much was projected for them as the season started.   Only the 1993-94 and 2006 teams came close to living up to the preseason hype.   That’s Sox history for nearly forty years...and all the history 85% of SoxTalk posters are familiar with.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, daggins said:

We've had a tough stretch to start the season, every team we've played is over .500. Even the Royals and Mariners. Hopefully they can get a split in Boston and things will improve once we start hitting the bottom feeders.

The Mariners are in first...for now.

But so are the Royals.

The problem is that only the Orioles, Rangers and Tigers look non-competitive, and even the Orioles swept the Red Sox to start the season.   There’s a ton of parity in the Al right now, but definitely no super teams.   Heck, the Pirates and Reds are showing the ability to play better teams decently...would have said before the year you definitely would be better off avoiding the East and West in the NL.  

Well, there’s always the Cubs to get us properly charged up.

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

LTR loves sitting our highest paid player in franchise history. Whoever predicted he would catch about 130 games this year is going to be way the fuck off lol

Maybe he still has an issue with his knee. 4 games in 43 hours probably meant he would only catch 2 of them anyway. But Collins has been pretty good.

This pitching staff will keep us in the chase but hitting has obviously underperformed. I understand SSS but I see no reason to believe Moncada and Vaughn are going to turn it around anytime soon. On the flip side, I'm optimistic about Mercedes continuing to disrupt things and my expectations for Collins remain high. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

14 games played.

14 different lineups.

It's almost like he is managing this group for the first season and trying to learn their strengths, weaknesses and comfort level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Musgrove was acquired in the Cole trade, so I don’t think they’d have both, but your larger point remains. I’ve been thinking about that alternate timeline Pirates rotation lately. Looking forward to Mitch Keller’s Cy Young candidacy in a couple years when he’s shipped elsewhere.

I like this lineup in that it still has a power hitter in Roberts in the bottom third. Need production in 3/4 slots as Abreu and Moncada  race to get to .200

Fenway will be cold, outfield will be wet but might get a little sun by 1st pitch.  Maybe Vaughn should wear his batting helmet in the field. 

16 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Musgrove was acquired in the Cole trade, so I don’t think they’d have both, but your larger point remains. I’ve been thinking about that alternate timeline Pirates rotation lately. Looking forward to Mitch Keller’s Cy Young candidacy in a couple years when he’s shipped elsewhere.

I think Brubaker is the real deal. Glasgow, Musgrove, Taillon and Brubaker still wouldn’t be too shabby

25 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Yeah, really wasn’t thinking through all the transactions that closely.

It’s pretty remarkable.  Forgot about Charlie Morton, too.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic