4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx, 3:05 PM CST

Capn12

Just now, reiks12 said:

This team just cant win when its close, not a playoff team. Cant blame the pitching staff as this offense is once again choking in scoring chances. No plan

2020 never ended. Bad situational hitting, inconsistent relief pitching and bad fielding

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I think they were banking on Eloy turning into a 300/360/600 monster.  Well, so much for all that.

They were banking on every player in the ideal starting 9 being healthy all season. Funny how that didn't work out because it never actually does.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I wouldn't say it's hard work, I would just argue that to the naked eye balls can be very hard to see where they cross the plate. This is why it should be electronic.

Sure in a perfect world it would be electronic. But the fact is that that are indeed umps significantly better than others (at 90+% accurate)  just standing in the field most of the time is crazy to me. The umpires that grade out better than others should be paid to be behind the plate as often as possible while they still keep plate umpires 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

Does anyone actually enjoy watching the Sox right now? They are so predictable: bad defense, overrated bullpen, & bad offensively specifically with RISP

Two years ago this would be a fine rebuild game: decent start for Cease, solid day at the plate for Anderson + a SB, and Robert with another oppo base hit + a SB... but that shit's over yet nothing has changed

I know TLR was going to make it more serious as opposed to "too much fun" like Renteria but the team looks as lifeless as he does

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Does anyone actually enjoy watching the Sox right now? They are so predictable: bad defense, overrated bullpen, & bad offensively specifically with RISP

Two years ago this would be a fine rebuild game: decent start for Cease, solid day at the plate for Anderson + a SB, and Robert with another oppo base hit + a SB... but that shit's over yet nothing has changed

I know TLR was going to make it more serious as opposed to "too much fun" like Renteria but the team looks as lifeless as he does

Not without Jimenez, 2019 Moncada and 2020 Abreu.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

We were mentioning a few days ago how tedious and non-enjoyable it’s been this year.  Tony really sucked the life out of this team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I still love to watch Sox baseball but damn this team is frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

Can we get Hanigar and put him out there for the ninth. Sure. 

Not even “Hanigar the Horrible” would help right now...Haniger would be leaving first place for last, haha.

With Lewis, Kelenic and Rodriguez coming, the M’s could start to make things interesting, but losing Paxton so early was a huge blow.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic