4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx, 3:05 PM CST

Capn12

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Expecting McCann like production out of your backup catcher spot is nuts, regardless of how much they plan to play Grandal.  He was the definition of a luxury.  The problem is the only addition they made to the offense was Adam Eaton and failed to add any depth elsewhere.

Exactly, everyone in the world knew they were one offensive weapon short at the end of the hot stove

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Gonna suck when they blow it up and can’t get a lot for Eloy then

Of course they won't. I don't think Eloy has much value league wide. 

I think 2019 Soler is what Eloy will settle in as. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.

Just wait until they have a starting pitcher injury and have to use Lopez or Stiever.  The whole situation is so annoying because they were in great shape to build a really strong roster after last year and wimped out.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Expecting McCann like production out of your backup catcher spot is nuts, regardless of how much they plan to play Grandal.  He was the definition of a luxury.  The problem is the only addition they made to the offense was Adam Eaton and failed to add any depth elsewhere.

And the accidental Yermin addition... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just wait until they have a starting pitcher injury and have to use Lopez or Stiever.  The whole situation is so annoying because they were in great shape to build a really strong roster after last year and wimped out.

Have they announced the second starter tmrw yet?  Giolito is supposed to face Eovaldi Monday at 9 a.m.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, tray said:

Jack- The thing is KC has Soler and we don't have Eloy.  Meanwhile we are waiting patiently (at least for a few more series) for the real Andrew Vaughn to arrive. 

Soler could only dream of having Eloy’s hit tool. People don’t realize how amazing he was with two outs last year.  He extended a ton of rallies.

Just now, fathom said:

1 extra starter and a player like Jurickson Profar would have insulated them from the bottom completely falling out of this roster. Hahn & KW did the hardest part by acquiring a very good top end of the roster but failing to top it off due to neglect or JR being cheap is beyond infuriating.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Soler could only dream of having Eloy’s hit tool. People don’t realize how amazing he was with two outs last year.  He extended a ton of rallies.

That's where you and I disagree. I'm not as much of a fan of Eloy's hit tool as you (and most) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Have they announced the second starter tmrw yet?  Giolito is supposed to face Eovaldi Monday at 9 a.m.

They said on White Sox weekly this afternoon that Carlos was going Monday.  Has that changed?

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Of course we don't. 

They really need to fire Hahn and blow this thing up ASAP though. Let some of the younger guys establish themselves or bust, and trade the good ones away. 

Hahn must be held accountable. 

My god dude. Relax. It’s 14 April games. The Sox look terrible right now - but blow it up? Lol GTFOH. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

My god dude. Relax. It’s 14 April games. The Sox look terrible right now - but blow it up? Lol GTFOH. 

I just asked my wife if she slipped me some crazy pills, cause some of these hot takes make me feel like I’m tame

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

1 extra starter and a player like Jurickson Profar would have insulated them from the bottom completely falling out of this roster. Hahn & KW did the hardest part by acquiring a very good top end of the roster but failing to top it off due to neglect or JR being cheap is beyond infuriating.

This sounds like 2013-2016...there’s certainly more depth of high potential guys, but they have to actually live up to their potential...with Moncada being the fulcrum.

Meanwhile, Grandal, Keuchel, Abreu and Lynn are going to hit their declines soon or later.

It’s a race against time.

Meanwhile the Dodgers find guys like McKinstry, Will Smith, Taylor, Kiki, Muncy...on a yearly basis.  It’s uncanny how they can evaluate so effectively.  Walker Buehler selection, etc.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

You’re really saying it like a bad thing if he settles for 48 homers?

I think people are going to be disappointed when Eloy only hits .260-.275. I don't think he's always going to hit 45+ HR but I think 35+ is a safe bet. 

I think .265/.340/.900+ with 35-45 HRs is where he settles in. Still a very good offensive player but not an MVP candidate. 

Prime JD Martinez, he is not. That is what I think the fanbase expects from him. 

This is, of course if his power isn't affected by his injury. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Justin Heyward made a lot of money in the North side and never hit  .275 or anywhere close to 35 HR .  I think those that are disappointed with Eloy are Cub fans. They are still reeling from that trade.  Thanx Cubs!

1 minute ago, tray said:

Justin Heyward made a lot of money in the North side and never hit  .275 or anywhere close to 35 HR .  I think those that are disappointed with Eloy are Cub fans. They are still reeling from that trade.  Thanx Cubs!

I just think that most of the Sox fanbase expects Eloy to be peak JD Martinez, and I think that they'll be disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic