4-18 GT: Sox @ Boston - Game 1 (12:10pm)

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Bullpen has blown some leads late, but overall the pitching has been fine. Problem has been the offense - they just don't score a lot - 4.53 runs per game over 15 games, and that includes 12 and 10 runs. Take those >10 run games away and they're averaging 3.54 runs per game in the other 13.

Pitching has been better than fine. In fact, coming into today, White Sox pitching was 2nd in MLB in fWAR and FIP, 3rd in xFIP. That’s elite, actually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Pitching has been better than fine. In fact, coming into today, White Sox pitching was 2nd in MLB in fWAR and FIP, 3rd in xFIP. That’s elite, actually.

BUT THEY'RE ALL WASHED UP!!

I'm guessing Grandal won't catch game 2. I know Yaz had an RBI double in game 1, but TLR really sucks at making lineups for good matchups. Collins will end up starting vs. the lefty starter and Grandal, who hits lefties better than righties, will sit vs. the lefty. This isn't the first time it's happened this year either. Meanwhile, TLR went out of his way to play Jake Lamb against Bieber instead of Yermin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'm guessing Grandal won't catch game 2. I know Yaz had an RBI double in game 1, but TLR really sucks at making lineups for good matchups. Collins will end up starting vs. the lefty starter and Grandal, who hits lefties better than righties, will sit vs. the lefty. This isn't the first time it's happened this year either. Meanwhile, TLR went out of his way to play Jake Lamb against Bieber instead of Yermin.

It’s really dumb and frustrating.

53 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Outside of a few bad bullpen outings and Keuchel generally sucking his first few starts, the pitching has been brilliant.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Look at the next page where I called myself out. Some of us can admit when we have idiotic opinions. You ought to do the same

Wahhhh ! Maybe you haven't seen a bunch of people lately questioning Vaughn in the lineup so maybe not so idiotic.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside