AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX SWEEP OF THE DH BACK TO .500

chitownsportsfan

Sox have looked pretty bad and are .500 and more importantly 2.5 up on Minnie. They’re fine. 

Honestly my biggest concern is that it looks like there’s exactly one championship roster in baseball this season. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

Just now, mqr said:

Sox have looked pretty bad and are .500 and more importantly 2.5 up on Minnie. They’re fine. 

Honestly my biggest concern is that it looks like there’s exactly one championship roster in baseball this season. 

The crazy part about the dodgers is that most of their plaxers are produts of their farm system or trash heap pickups like turner, taylor and muncy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Well luckily in the playoffs anything can happen.  Just win 90+ games and see what happens.  With this pitching staff, I wouldn't count them out, even against better rosters.

Just now, daggins said:

There are a few big underachievers in the AL and it's allowing decent but unremarkable teams like the M's and Royals to clean up.

Sox have scored the second most runs in the AL with half of their guys not hitting at all, so that's good.

Not even playing that well and yet 8-8 and +18 differential, not bad.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

2 weeks into the season, the best records in the AL are the Mariners, Royals, and Red Sox. Who had that coming into the season? Oh and the Yankees are 5-10.

been a weird ass start to the year.  Atlanta, with all their talent, really scuffling too and Cinci 9-6 with a +24 differential.  Important to remember that we are essentially in the 3rd quarter of the 2nd NFL game of the year: after last year I think it's easy to forget 162 is a lot of baseball.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mqr said:

The dodgers are so insanely good. I think they will be a historically good team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jerksticks said:

😉 people are going to start coming around fast.  We’re looking at a historically good team even without Eloy. 

I don't know if the projections were right or were too pessimistic.  Like, if Vaughn and Madrigal are 2 WAR players right now and Yermin is a 3 WAR player and Jose just doesn't completely fall on his ass and Kopech is going to give us 130-140 innings of sub 3.5 ERA and the bullpen can just get out of it's own way (along with the defense) this is a 95 win club.  Of course that's quite a few things going right, which projections don't, well, project.  But I can!  LET'S GO!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nick deserves a shout out for three hard hit balls today.  If he can rip some line drives in the gaps, he can be a very valuable hitter.

Nick impressed me today.  He has an ability to square up the ball when he's feeling good.  I loved seeing him nice and relaxed in the dugout joking with Yermin (who isn't much taller than Nick, ha) after the sac fly.  Sox need him to be a solid starter and on days like today he certainly looks the part.

Also, TLR making himself look smart batting him lead off today.  He was on everything and was unlucky not to be 4-4 with two doubles.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nick deserves a shout out for three hard hit balls today.  If he can rip some line drives in the gaps, he can be a very valuable hitter.

If he keeps getting hits with 2 strikes, he is going to demoralize opposing pitchers.  I love that.  Then while they are flustered Timmy will put one in the gap or earn a pasta dinner.

• Like 2
  • Love 1