jeff weaver

toasty

Weaver is probably the only guy the Yanks could move and actually get value for him. The thing is, everyone knows the Yanks must move some pitchers which will still hurt their value if they tried moving Weaver.

Still, Weaver doesn't make anywhere near as much as the others (Or at least I don't think he does). If I were the Sox he'd probably be the only guy I'd talk to the Yanks about, and I wouldn't exactly offer the house.

They could use some catching prospects and I am against trading Olivo, but I bet it could get it done since the Yanks want to move Posada. Heck, maybe Paul and some others, I dunno.

The guy is a gamer. I know he has some serious issues too, but he plays baseball the way it was meant to be played, Hard.

He isn't afraid to brush a guy back and I love that in a pitcher. I hate it when its the other team doing it, but when its your going doing it, I enjoy it, because the brush back sets up so many things for a pitcher. If you can't pitch inside, your not going to be good. Glavine is about the only guy that's been able to live on the outside corner and have a really good career. He does this because he has such good control, but even he ocassionally busts guys inside.

Glavine is a player.  Plays hard, plays well, plays the game right.

Weaver is a jerk.  He was very unlamented when the Tigers got rid of him. If he ever gets mature, a lot of people will be surprised.

Wasn't the big problem with him, that he was smoking dope on the team plane with Matt Anderson?

And he never backed up his brawling with his play.  He blamed his team mates for his record in Detroit -  wonder who he blamed in NY the last half of last season - he is never at fault, it is always someone else's fault when he loses.

Sounds like Jamie Navarro......after he complained of not getting run support after losing a game 9-1....it's not his fault he gave up 9 runs. It's the offense's fault for not scoring 10 runs.

No, I don't want Weaver....he is a good pitcher on a bad team or a bad pitcher on a good team....he'll never be a good pitcher on a good team.