4-19 GT: Sox @ Boston (10:10am)

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Grandal catching and terrible pitch calling go hand in hand.

The changeup call there was fine.  It's normally a wipeout pitch for Gio.  He just chucked a meatball up there, belt high, out over the plate.

Edited by ChiHawks10

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, that is what happens when your 1st, 2nd and 3rd string LF get hurt, your 4th string is AAAA player that goes 0fer and the other guy getting LF reps is a 1B that hasn't played LF since middle school and looks totally overmatched at the plate.

Engel will be back soon enough.  I too was bitching about Vaughn not playing everyday a week or so ago, but man, he is overmatched right now.  I am OK with Leury playing some LF every few days.  

Yea your stance on Vaughn kind of shocked me. Normally we think a lot alike. I was really surprised so many wanted him to play every day  and thought he was going to get an extension before the season started. I was pummeled on here for going the opposite way on both.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoxFanForever said:

Command looks shaky at best so far.

Yeah I'm not sure I can get behind all the Grandal shit I see in this thread.....Gio is all over the place right now. 

1 minute ago, ChiHawks10 said:

The changeup call there was fine.  It's a wipeout pitch for Gio.  He just chucked a meatball up there belt high out over the plate.

Belt high changeups is what Giollito gets outs on. However, the guy had not taken the bat off his shoulders on two fastballs down the middle.  Go with a high fastball there and make him try to catch up to it.