Sox @ Cleveland

Kyyle23

Just now, fathom said:

God did they mess up not cashing in on him. There were a lot of red flags with him after last year.

The Sox drafted Crochet much higher than any draft publications had him ranked. I'll take that as a consensus for how MLB teams viewed him. Given Crochet's season ended with an elbow injury, I'm not sure if he would have had like top 50-75 prospect value in trades.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

God did they mess up not cashing in on him. There were a lot of red flags with him after last year.

I've been a Crochet fan, but I think it's fairly obvious that he's a reliever and needs to have the 99-102 mph fastball to be effective at the MLB level.Ā 

They should just accept that, let him loose and turn him into Josh Hader.Ā 

If they want him to be a starter, send him down and make him prove it in the minors. Starting his clock is proving to be a huge miscalculation if they truly want Crochet to start.Ā 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Just coming here to say itā€™s been another head scratching night of TLR and his own usage.Ā 

I donā€™t know if itā€™s him or Katz. Iā€™m thinking Duncan made all the bullpen decisions back in the day and this is him on his own now??? Idk

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Grandahl is a gold glove winning catcher but he has been less than impressive so far this seasonĀ 

Goes to show, just because someone came up with equation doesnā€™t mean itā€™s valid.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Grandahl is a gold glove winning catcher but he has been less than impressive so far this seasonĀ 

I know you're right elrockin...he's just frustrating as hell sometimes.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic