Sox @ Cleveland

Kyyle23

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

Vaughn looks like a real first baseman.

He’s also looked quite capable in LF. I have no real qualms stating that I’d prefer Vaughn to Eloy in LF for a litany of reasons. Not the least of which is keeping Eloy in the lineup. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s also looked quite capable in LF. I have no real qualms stating that I’d prefer Vaughn to Eloy in LF for a litany of reasons. Not the least of which is keeping Eloy in the lineup. 

Vaughn should focus on hitting and forget the outfielder's glove. It is nothing but an unnecessary distraction for him.

Eloy is gone for most if not all of this season so don't worry about him this year.

7 hours ago, tray said:

Vaughn should focus on hitting and forget the outfielder's glove. It is nothing but an unnecessary distraction for him.

Eloy is gone for most if not all of this season so don't worry about him this year.

So Yermin who cannot field any position is let go? 

They were talking about this on the radio this morning and they made no sense.  If you wanted Vaughn, Abreu and Yermin's bat in the lineup yesterday and wanted to DH Abreu that was the only option.  

7 hours ago, tray said:

Yea this is not it.  Vaughn "focusing on hitting and forgetting the OF glove" right now means either Yermin or Vaughn go away.  Without a trade for an outfielder, this is not an ideal situation

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tray said:

Disagree.  

8 hours ago, tray said:

Vaughn is a rookie and will need to make adjustments at the plate and in the field. One has nothing to do with the other. Even if Vaughn was the DH he'd still need to make the same adjustments. He is a professional and should be able to learn defense and offense at the same time if he has the talent. He certainly has the talent, so he will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Francona too.  Big noses a problem?

The farce is making the manager wear a mask in what is one of the most rigorously tested environments in the world.  But we have turned masks in outside settings into a dogma and not anything about safety.  One could argue it reduces risk sure, but then again so would cancelling the entire season and sitting in a locked room.  We are at the point where we have to recalibrate risk in vaccinated and controlled environments and it doesn't seem like some people can quite grasp the appropriate level of caution, including on outdoor mask usage.

• Haha 3

Just now, quickman said:

For some reason I thought the Sox brought up McRae. Maybe some sort of combo of him , kopech , foster and Marshall and Hendricks if needed. 

Added to the taxi squad I believe.  The 5 guys that travel with the club in case of emergency 

19 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

“a while“ when he has had 77 PAs so far

Oh I’m not advocating anything other than patience with him. He needed to work through it and make adjustments, and it appears he has. But the fact is, he had an awful approach for a decent stretch of games. Just like José did. Just like Yoan did (does?). Stringing together some good games does not automatically erase the fact that he had a terrible approach. Just like having a terrible approach does not automatically mean he won’t make adjustments.

27 minutes ago, quickman said:

For some reason I thought the Sox brought up McRae. Maybe some sort of combo of him , kopech , foster and Marshall and Hendricks if needed. 

I did see that too. I coulda sworn it said they option Burdi for him.

Edit: actually, I saw it on MLBTR: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/minor-mlb-transactions-42021.html

Edited by manbearpuig

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic