Sox @ Cleveland

Kyyle23

Just now, fathom said:

How about we stop asking him to get up and down.  Should be a one inning guy.

We really need to acquire a long reliever.  We need another Detwiler or DJ Carrasco type badly.  We have a lot of 1 inning guys but Kopech is the only really good multi inning guy and he's not enough.

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

We really need to acquire a long reliever.  We need another Detwiler or DJ Carrasco type badly.  We have a lot of 1 inning guys but Kopech is the only really good multi inning guy and he's not enough.

Crochet should fit that mold as well if we ever have intentions of having him in the rotation.

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Not really. 

Starters just need to start going 5+ all the way around.  These short outings are what's killing the pen. 

And Bad Defense has a  A LOT to do with this also. 

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I stepped out for a bit earlier...when did they move him from LF to replace Yermin?

Mercedes is either hurt,they realized putting him in the field was a bad idea, or both. 

Edited by mqr
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Mercedes is either hurt/they realized putting him in the field was a bad idea/ or both. 

Maybe result of Yermin fouling that one off his foot earlier in the game?  But he looked pretty uncomfortable on defense.

I am not trying to be negative, but the line drive to Vaughn looked like a good but mainly routine play for most major league first baseman.  Having said that, Vaughn  belongs at  1st base instead of the outfield so if that play convinced anyone that he is the natural at 1st, I say it was the greatest play I have ever seen a first basemen make, at least since that Buehrle/Konerko play on Opening day a few years back.  I mean wow, what a catch there. Must have been 115 mph off the bat with seeing eyes for the outfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Not really. 

Starters just need to start going 5+ all the way around.  These short outings are what's killing the pen. 

And Bad Defense has a  A LOT to do with this also. 

Sox are better equipped for 7 inning games right now. You are right. Sox starters have to pitch 6 1/3 innings minimum at some point in nine inning games.

Edited by greg775

53 minutes ago, tray said:

I am not trying to be negative, but the line drive to Vaughn looked like a good but mainly routine play for most major league first baseman.  Having said that, Vaughn  belongs at  1st base instead of the outfield so if that play convinced anyone that he is the natural at 1st, I say it was the greatest play I have ever seen a first basemen make, at least since that Buehrle/Konerko play on Opening day a few years back.  I mean wow, what a catch there. Must have been 115 mph off the bat with seeing eyes for the outfield.

yeah it looked amazing when you really couldnt see it - but when i watched the replay everyone would have been blasting him for not making a relatively regular mlb play.

still he looks decent on defense in both places they have put him - now we need to see some power.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic