Sox @ Cleveland 4/21 postponed

Kyyle23

50 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Buxtons health will keep him within everyones price range

He has a little bit of time to stay healthy before he needs a deal. He may not get that 250 to 350 deal but he can still get that short term 125 to 150 deal. Which may still be out of our price range. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He has a little bit of time to stay healthy before he needs a deal. He may not get that 250 to 350 deal but he can still get that short term 125 to 150 deal. Which may still be out of our price range. 

lol.  Buxton is absolutely not a 150 million guy, even if he wins MVP.  He'd be lucky to get 100 million.

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I have no qualms that he could be an incredible player but the guy played 140 games once, in 2017, and the next highest game total was 92.  If some team like the pirates wants to break the bank for him, go ahead.  I wouldn't want that team to be the Sox though 

16 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

lol.  Buxton is absolutely not a 150 million guy, even if he wins MVP.  He'd be lucky to get 100 million.

You don't think one of these desperate will will pony up if he stays healthy the next two years and is a MVP caliber guy? I can think of a few teams that would take that risk. 

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have no qualms that he could be an incredible player but the guy played 140 games once, in 2017, and the next highest game total was 92.  If some team like the pirates wants to break the bank for him, go ahead.  I wouldn't want that team to be the Sox though 

Yep I agree that money would be too much with his health. But man he is relatively close to Mike Trout's zip code when he is right.