Sox @ Cleveland 4/21 postponed

Kyyle23

54 minutes ago, pcq said:

They have gotten longer. That is a big issue and everyone is aware. Every pitch has become an event.

There's nothing I hate more than watching a 4 hour baseball game that the Sox lose when they should have won (like that entire first series in Anaheim). The emotional and time investment makes it feel like I just wasted the last 4 hours of my life after the final out. Now if it was a 2.5 hour game, I might feel a little bit better about it.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Don't watch them then.  Baseball games are long.  So what. Its what makes the grind of a 162 game season so beautiful.  I absolutely love parking my ass on the couch and watching a 4 hour baseball game.  Are there areas where we could see things speed up a bit?  Sure.  I am all for 30 second shot clocks on pitchers.  Replay reviews take WAY WAY WAY WAY too much time and this should be the easiest thing to speed up yet the genius' at mlb can't figure that out. 

Filling the beautiful game of baseball with gimicks to speed it up isn't the answer.  

I don't agree on replay. It is long in every sport. I think it is worse in the NBA. They not only have to review the "issue" they also have to review the clock.  Basketball and football also have more reviews based on last 2 minutes issues. 

Edited by SCCWS

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

There's nothing I hate more than watching a 4 hour baseball game that the Sox lose when they should have won (like that entire first series in Anaheim). The emotional and time investment makes it feel like I just wasted the last 4 hours of my life after the final out. Now if it was a 2.5 hour game, I might feel a little bit better about it.

I would also add that the under 30 generation will not sit through a 4 hour game.  Maybe even under 50. Now the 70+ generation can watch for a few hours , take a nap and catch the 9th

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Welcome to baseball.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Colome got 5 outs in that 10th inning, and those were two of the worst defensive plays you could possibly make. The 9th was one him, but the 10th he didn't have any business even giving up 1 run.

To be fair, he also walked two guys to set up another tightrope act

24 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Twins are somehow out White Soxing us this season. Can you imagine if Madrigal made a throw that bad and we ended up losing on a walk off error? Soxtalk would literally explode.

I‘m not sure Madrigal could throw a ball that far, and that’s not mocking him. One of the worst throws I’ve ever seen.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

I‘m not sure Madrigal could throw a ball that far, and that’s not mocking him. One of the worst throws I’ve ever seen.

Fathom's favorite player Arraez was the goat, well, along with Colome...insane offensive numbers from this boxscore.

Still think Buxton is the player we should be targeting in FA, if we're not going to spend it on pitching/Gio/Lynn.

Can you imagine an outfield of both Robert and Buxton?

The White Sox could move the fences back and create even more of a competitive advantage with their outfield defense, ala the Royals from 2013-2016.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Colome got 5 outs in that 10th inning, and those were two of the worst defensive plays you could possibly make. The 9th was one him, but the 10th he didn't have any business even giving up 1 run.

Fair points. Colome's issue is that he can't miss bats. Your closer is a guy that needs swing and misses. Twins defense let him down in the 10th but he certainly didn't pitch well that inning either. Was throwing the ball in the dirt. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Pinch running for Donaldson in the top of the 10th really came back to bite them. The guy who pinch ran for him made error number 1. Arraez, taking over his spot at third, made error number 2. 

Yeah Rocco messed up there. A runner on second and no out shouldn't be a problem for the Twins no matter the speed. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Fathom's favorite player Arraez was the goat, well, along with Colome...insane offensive numbers from this boxscore.

Still think Buxton is the player we should be targeting in FA, if we're not going to spend it on pitching/Gio/Lynn.

Can you imagine an outfield of both Robert and Buxton?

The White Sox could move the fences back and create even more of a competitive advantage with their outfield defense, ala the Royals from 2013-2016.

If Bux stays healthy he will be out of our price range. 

45 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Fair points. Colome's issue is that he can't miss bats. Your closer is a guy that needs swing and misses. Twins defense let him down in the 10th but he certainly didn't pitch well that inning either. Was throwing the ball in the dirt. 

44 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah Rocco messed up there. A runner on second and no out shouldn't be a problem for the Twins no matter the speed. 

And Donaldson was something like 4/5 or 4/6 at that point in the game...after just recently coming off the DL for a leg injury.

The reason they subbed a runner is Josh has been out for the first 2-3 weeks battling that issue from the first couple of days of the season.   They didn't want to put him a position to re-injure himself really pushing to score on a single...tag up, etc.

Lose the battle, win the war, etc.   You have to keep Buxton/Cruz/Donaldson healthy if the Twins are going anywhere this season.

Obviously, it came back to bite them on defense, removing a Gold Glover and playing a utility player at a position he's not 100% comfortable at.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And Donaldson was something like 4/5 or 4/6 at that point in the game...after just recently coming off the DL for a leg injury.

The reason they subbed a runner is Josh has been out for the first 2-3 weeks battling that issue from the first couple of days of the season.   They didn't want to put him a position to re-injure himself really pushing to score on a single...tag up, etc.

Lose the battle, win the war, etc.   You have to keep Buxton/Cruz/Donaldson healthy if the Twins are going anywhere this season.

Obviously, it came back to bite them on defense, removing a Gold Glover and playing a utility player at a position he's not 100% comfortable at.

If you can't trust Josh to score on a single to win a game then he shouldn't be playing. The man has glass legs and they can go out at any point.