Rodon ready to move up and Kopech needs to stretched it sooner than later

AJ'S Cousin

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

I think the reason they had Rodon pitch back to back games like that comes down to a few reasons.

1. Ride him while he's pitching well. Based in history it won't last long.

2. He won't be back next season. He will either flame out or not worth the risk to re-sign him if he pitches well.

3. They expect Kopech to take his spot by the end of the year.

Reasons one and two are incredibly douchey and irresponsible of the organization. Not saying you're wrong, but if that's actually the thought process that's really messed up.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Reasons one and two are incredibly douchey and irresponsible of the organization. Not saying you're wrong, but if that's actually the thought process that's really messed up.

It's a business and reality. 

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's a business and reality. 

Carlos Rodon's agent is Scott Boras, who also is Matt Harvey's agent. Boras made a stink about the Mets overusing Harvey after Tommy John's. With what happen to Harvey, I wouldn't be surprised if Boras made a stink about Rodon being overused, if it comes down to that. 

49 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Carlos Rodon's agent is Scott Boras, who also is Matt Harvey's agent. Boras made a stink about the Mets overusing Harvey after Tommy John's. With what happen to Harvey, I wouldn't be surprised if Boras made a stink about Rodon being overused, if it comes down to that. 

Let him. There's nothing he can do about it. It's not like they pitched him on short rest. In fact he had an extra, I believe.

15 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I disagree, if Rodon is clearly better.  With Larussa, and our serious deep playoff aspirations, we will go with the better pitcher.  Cease moves to Bullpen and you can use him next year as a SP again when Rodon leaves.

Of course, it changes if he is far better. They are trying to win. But if its anywhere close, Rodon is the one out.