MLB Batting

SCCWS

I read yesterday that the average MLB batting average is .233. That is the lowest in history .  I heard a Boston media person say there has been a lot of day games this year so far. I wonder if that has affected batting?

8 hours ago, SCCWS said:

I read yesterday that the average MLB batting average is .233. That is the lowest in history

Batting average might be one of those stats that starts off slow due to the cold weather or other factors? I mean, I know it's low these days due to batters going for the HR, but might be uncharacteristly low due to the start of the season. 

4 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Batting average might be one of those stats that starts off slow due to the cold weather or other factors? I mean, I know it's low these days due to batters going for the HR, but might be uncharacteristly low due to the start of the season. 

Agree cold weather definitely affects hitting. But remember this is the lowest in history. I am sure there has been colder Aprils. I think the original  record was .236 in 1967. I would guess that also occurred in April.