Moncada has 1 hit against offspeed or breaking pitches all season, 15 hits off non-fastballs since 2020

Jack Parkman

On 4/26/2021 at 1:39 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did you see that swing in one of the last few games where on the follow through he just dropped his bat behind him ? My first thought was his back was bothering him. That would not be unusual for a 3rd baseman. Plus with back pain you are going to be walking around gingerly after a sprint or a slide making it appear like it's your legs that are bothering you. Also very often back pain affects your legs .

Yes!! I DID see that!! It was one of the things I was thinking about when I wrote what I wrote on this thread. Didn't think about it being his back though, but now that you mention it here, what you say does make perfect sense!!

10 hours ago, Soxsi75 said:

Yes!! I DID see that!! It was one of the things I was thinking about when I wrote what I wrote on this thread. Didn't think about it being his back though, but now that you mention it here, what you say does make perfect sense!!

That's why it bugs me when people call him soft. I imagine these pudgy beer swilling , Stay Puft Marshmallow Man looking fans burping and calling Moncada soft when it's possible he plays in pain every day. I wouldn't call that soft, I'd call it courageous . Perspective is everything. Calling someone soft because he always seems hurt is the wrong prespective.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's why it bugs me when people call him soft. I imagine these pudgy beer swilling , Stay Puft Marshmallow Man looking fans burping and calling Moncada soft when it's possible he plays in pain every day. I wouldn't call that soft, I'd call it courageous . Perspective is everything. Calling someone soft because he always seems hurt is the wrong prespective.

Agreed, body types aren’t indicative and nearly every player trumped their best to stay healthy and play through pain. Moncada gets more grief here on that front than most, despite the fact he hasn’t lost more than a few games to injury over four seasons.

Someone last year was attributing his obvious COVID symptoms to eating too many Twinkees. 

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You are 500,000% correct my friend!!!

• Thanks 1