Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Heading to Milwaukee today for a wedding tomorrow....awfully tempted to take a "little" detour and catch the ballgame.  

Well Milwaukee ain't a tough drive these days even during rush hours. You'll have plenty time to hit the game and head out. And have fun at the wedding (and hopefully game), those moments are extra special after the year plus that we've endured. 

14 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

This has the opportunity to provide a gamethread of epic proportions. 

Dane Dunning throws a complete game, losing after giving up only 1-hit.

The only hit being a Nick Madrigal home run.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Dane Dunning throws a complete game, losing after giving up only 1-hit.

The only hit being a Nick Madrigal home run.

The music swells as the Sox, one by one, walk to the dugout railing and begin a slow, deliberate clap for Dunning.  Dane removes his cap and tips it to Madrigal, who, with tears on his cheeks, is lifted onto the shoulders of Abreu and Robert.  Eloy makes a surprise appearance, and the crowd swoons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

Does it feel like it to anyone else that the Sox haven't played in like 2 weeks?  I miss White Sox baseball when I cannot see or hear it, good or bad.

Not quite...more like the All-Star break.

6 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

The music swells as the Sox, one by one, walk to the dugout railing and begin a slow, deliberate clap for Dunning.  Dane removes his cap and tips it to Madrigal, who, with tears on his cheeks, is lifted onto the shoulders of Abreu and Robert.  Eloy makes a surprise appearance, and the crowd swoons.

Swooning would be a tame reaction to seeing a man descend from heaven.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Does it feel like it to anyone else that the Sox haven't played in like 2 weeks?  I miss White Sox baseball when I cannot see or hear it, good or bad.

Yes it's unusual to have two off days in a row anytime after the first couple weeks but with the bad weather it happened in late April this year.  Not gonna be much rest for us fans or the players from this point on so let's win tonight and get over .500!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yes it's unusual to have two off days in a row anytime after the first couple weeks but with the bad weather it happened in late April this year.  Not gonna be much rest for us fans or the players from this point on so let's win tonight and get over .500!

Let's get over .500 and stay there instead of this back and forth between 1 game up or down and back to .500. 

Hopefully the off days set the pitching up nicely...although one bad start,etc seems to set them right back again lately.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Eloy won't be making an appearance until the field of dreams game. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Let's get over .500 and stay there instead of this back and forth between 1 game up or down and back to .500. 

Hopefully the off days set the pitching up nicely...although one bad start,etc seems to set them right back again lately.

Considering we haven't been over .500 at any point this year, tonight would be a great time for the first time and just stay there rest of season.

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Eloy won't be making an appearance until the field of dreams game. 

I understand the joke, but even if Eloy is miraculously healthy, for the love of god do not play him in the game anywhere but DH. He'd go for an easy fly ball in left and we'd lose him in the Iowa cornfields for at least two weeks.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I understand the joke, but even if Eloy is miraculously healthy, for the love of god do not play him in the game anywhere but DH. He'd go for an easy fly ball in left and we'd lose him in the Iowa cornfields for at least two weeks.

If he goes into the Iowa cornfields, the "Eloy's dead" jokes will have a whole new meaning behind them...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

*Eloy's spirit descends from the clouds

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

And he will get hurt slipping on a corn knob as he was emerging from corn field. 

Ease His Pain....ice should do it, or is it heat?  I can never remember when to use which.