Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh this is set up nicely . Engel conveniently comes back just as the minor league season starts. One more week for Vaughn to do something noteworthy.

I would absolutely hate to see a platoon of Hamitlon and Engel if that's what you're getting at. If they want to try Lamb out there to see if he can get hot with the bat like he did with Oakland, then sure.

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I would absolutely hate to see a platoon of Hamitlon and Engel if that's what you're getting at. If they want to try Lamb out there to see if he can get hot with the bat like he did with Oakland, then sure.

Not suggesting anything about a platoon of Engel and Hamilton. Just suggesting it's time for Vaughn to start getting some hits or he will be back in the minors when Engel comes back or Hamilton or Lamb DFA, not sure which will happen.

46 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Quick question: as long as you have lower bowl seats, are you able to sit wherever? Or are they policing more closely with limited seating/covid? 

They have sections partitioned off.  I sat in my seats but I suppose I could have sat wherever I wanted to in that section if nobody had a problem with it 

I would be in favor of a requirement for proof of Covid  vaccination for everyone entering a large public venue.

There are several apps out there that could do that.  I have considered the privacy issues, but feel that the benefits outweigh privacy concerns.

I also think that something like that should be done to encourage people who may have become nonchalant about getting and spreading the virus to get vaccinated.

I wonder how many here at Soxtalk have been vaccinated, including those who have attended games already.

Edited to add:  The CDC may approve the one shot J&J  again. If so that should make it easier for baseball fans to get vaccinated  since they are largely males.

" On Friday, Tom Shimabukuro told the (CDC) panel that all of the 15 cases discovered were women."

In other words, there has not been a single case where a male who was vaccinated with the J&J has experienced those complications.

Edited by tray

18 minutes ago, tray said:

I would be in favor of a requirement for proof of Covid  vaccination for everyone entering a large public venue.

There are several apps out there that could do that.  I have considered the privacy issues, but feel that the benefits outweigh privacy concerns.

I also think that something like that should be done to encourage people who may have become nonchalant about getting and spreading the virus to get vaccinated.

I wonder how many here at Soxtalk have been vaccinated, including those who have attended games already.

Edited to add:  The CDC may approve the one shot J&J  again. If so that should make it easier for baseball fans to get vaccinated  since they are largely males.

" On Friday, Tom Shimabukuro told the (CDC) panel that all of the 15 cases discovered were women."

In other words, there has not been a single case where a male who was vaccinated with the J&J has experienced those complications.

SoxTalk=98% male

Sox crowds=60/40 split, roughly...but with all our noted strikingly handsome players, perhaps closer to 50/50

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Right-hander Dane Dunning takes a 14-inning scoreless streak into his next start Friday at Chicago. Maybe a little extra motivation, too.

Dunning will be facing his former team. He made his debut for the White Sox last summer before being traded to the Rangers for Lance Lynn. Dunning was originally drafted by Washington but was dealt to the White Sox, along with Lucas Giolito, for outfielder Adam Eaton. Dunning said he is “really looking forward to” facing the White Sox.

“Just competing against my old team,” Dunning said. “Obviously, I wasn’t planning on getting traded. Then things happen. Being able to compete, though, and hopefully show them that the Rangers made a really great decision on getting me is a goal of mine. It’s a big goal of mine.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2021/04/21/rangers-rhp-dane-dunning-brings-extra-motivation-a-14-inning-scoreless-streak-into-reunion-game-vs-white-sox/

But the 2021 White Sox have been built with a “World Series or bust” mentality. They already have burgeoning young arms in Dylan Cease and Michael Kopech, and Carlos Rodón and López have returned, leaving high expectations but also uncertainty for the rotation’s final two spots.

Lynn, one of the more durable and frequently dominant arms in the AL, pairing with Giolito and Dallas Keuchel creates a trio that matches up favorably against any other team’s front three, especially when playoff opportunities arise.

Meanwhile, Dunning will apply the experience he gained with the White Sox as he starts every fifth day for the Rangers.

“I’ve been out in Arizona already and working out at the [Rangers'] complex,” said Dunning. “I’m the new guy, so I have to learn all the names and faces and how things run. I’ve had some talks with a couple of the pitchers, and just talking about how we want things to go this next year and get better, and I love it so far.

“It has been awesome. I have nothing but respect for the Chicago White Sox and the organization. … It was just a great learning experience,” added Dunning, who has high praise for what he learned from former teammates such as Giolito, Keuchel, José Abreu and Tim Anderson. “It’s a really good opportunity for me to go with the Texas Rangers.”

The idea was to have left-hander Garrett Crochet face the left-handed-hitting Matt Olson and then have Crochet work two or three additional innings. Dunning understood the plan, but he was glad he didn't know of it in advance.

“I’m happy they didn’t tell me that, just for the fact that I’m going in there expecting I’m going to have to go five, six, seven innings, that was my plan,” Dunning said during a recent interview. “I was going out trying to attack hitters and get early outs.

“I want the ball in my hand. I want to be on the mound every day. If I could, I definitely would. I was a little surprised, but I got the situation, and I quickly tried to rally myself and support the team. It was all hands on deck. This isn’t ‘If we lose, oh well.’ It’s win or you go home. So I completely get the situation.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/dane-dunning-on-time-with-white-sox

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1