Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

He shouldn’t have completely fallen apart.  Nobody can trust him, just like Reynaldo.

He did retire 7 or 8 in a row I believe.

I get why he made the decision but at 80 pitches I would’ve let him go after the next batter.

Just now, Marqhead said:

I actually do as well. Give him a little more time with still a three run lead. 

The walks are bad and the whip near two isn't great but the guy had given up 3 hits. I just dont like it at all. He'll never grow as a pitcher without getting the chance to work through some jams. This rangers team is bad, and there was room to let him work through this imo

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Win now mode. WS expectations with TLR.  Development goes to the backburner.

Going to the pen consistently in the 4th inning is definitely not the trajectory for "win now" mode, especially against bad teams. 

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

yeah I would have at least face him the bottom of the order here.

I understand, just would rather have this than letting him allow it to get any closer. I would love to see him go the minors and get confidence he can consistently get guys out.  It’s been a long time since that has happened, as he was struggling big time even before getting called up.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The walks are bad and the whip near two isn't great but the guy had given up 3 hits. I just dont like it at all. He'll never grow as a pitcher without getting the chance to work through some jams. This rangers team is bad, and there was room to let him work through this imo

Yes, it was nearing the bottom of their lineup...there’s that primary argument for more rope to be extended.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He gave up two runs. “completely fallen apart“ GMAB.

In the comparison to how he was going before...we all know that when Cease loses it, he REALLY loses it.

TLR had pretty much the sane/same reaction.  Suddenly it’s a 1-2 run game before your snack break is over.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That's a good take Ray.  Didn't Garland only grow after Ozzie let him go longer in games or am I misremembering?

• Fire 1