Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

2nd best run differential in the AL. The only team better is a team the Sox split with in their home park. This team is a sleeping giant ready to explode once it all comes together.

There are still so many questions across the rotation and majority of the pen...now, should we at least be better than KC, Minnesota and Cleveland?   Sure!

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There are still so many questions across the rotation and majority of the pen...now, should we at least be better than KC, Minnesota and Cleveland?   Sure!

Pal, you were in the game thread giving Tatis updates. It's OK if you just want to go be a Padres fan.

You make excuses for the Padres failures while being hyper critical of the White Sox. I'm just trying to figure out which side you're on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, I know...and his unique extension.   But at 97-99 they will time you.  The one advantage that does stand out quite obviously is locating high in the zone but just so difficult for most even good hitters to lay off.  Those seemingly rising pitches just aren’t possible to catch up with.

What does this mean? They will time you? The concern with Hendriks eventually as he ages is once his velocity ticks down how great can he be given the reliance on his fastball. That time clearly has not come this year.

They have been trying to time his fastball for years, how's that been working out for teams? His fastball has been one of the most dominant pitches in baseball. They're not timing anything.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does this mean? They will time you? The concern with Hendriks eventually as he ages is once his velocity ticks down how great can he be given the reliance on his fastball. That time clearly has not come this year.

They have been trying to time his fastball for years, how's that been working out for teams? His fastball has been one of the most dominant pitches in baseball. They're not timing anything.

Like you said - its a dominant pitch.  I'm not comparing him to the all time greatest closer in baseball history - but this guy named Mariano Rivera threw 1 pitch - a cutter - which was AMAZING - and in 2011 - he threw the pitch 85.9% of the time - got 44 saves - and put up a sub 2 ERA.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Like you said - its a dominant pitch.  I'm not comparing him to the all time greatest closer in baseball history - but this guy named Mariano Rivera threw 1 pitch - a cutter - which was AMAZING - and in 2011 - he threw the pitch 85.9% of the time - got 44 saves - and put up a sub 2 ERA.  

I should add - when it came to the post-season - said 1 pitch pitcher - didn't get figured out.  No - in fact - that one-pitch pitcher - was the all time greatest postseason closer EVER. Oh - and the 2011 season I am showing above - he was a very young 41 years old.  So nah - I'm not worried about Liam - not with the stuff he showed tonight and I look forward to seeing him close out the World Series later this year!!! 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Seems odd to say Yermin shouldn't be batting 7th when he has a 4 hit game and 3 RBI batting 7th and the Sox lineup as a whole has a season high in hits and scores 9 runs.

Don’t you want to maximize his plate appearances?  Wouldn’t ideal lineup construction have him 2nd or 3rd?

I guess we can go with the whole superstitious don’t change the winning lineup from the prior game...not exactly Modern Baseball Science 101.