That’s a Chicago Yermins Win!!!!

ShoeLessRob

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yermin not getting called up 2 years ago is a travesty akin to the Tatis Jr. trade. What a freaking joke. We beat Oakland with him playing instead of Edwin last year. Hell, we probably have a better regular season record. 

Our scouts never got the chance to see Tatis play and the team traded him without even having made a proper evaluation.  Then with Yermin they all got to see tons of him but apparently they didn't think he was any better than the likes of Palka Reed Delmonico etc. 

I actually don't know which scenario is worse.  Both are pretty harsh indictments of the org.

• Like 2

I'm no scout but I see nothing in Yermin's history of production in the pros or his approach at the plate that suggests he's a fluke. I'm not saying he's gonna hit .400 with a 1.100 OPS but a reliable middle-of-the-order bat? Sure, absolutely I can buy that.

Nice that the Sox responded after blowing the five-run lead. The Sox actually played pretty well once it was 6-6. Enjoyed the hitting of Yermin, Madrigal, Robert, Moncada, Vaughn), may be forgetting somebody.

Good bats.

1 minute ago, lostfan said:

I'm no scout but I see nothing in Yermin's history of production in the pros or his approach at the plate that suggests he's a fluke. I'm not saying he's gonna hit .400 with a 1.100 OPS but a reliable middle-of-the-order bat? Sure, absolutely I can buy that.

This is like some Edgar Martinez shit we are watching or something.  There's no way anyone can have so many consecutive quality ABs with it being a fluke.  I mean the look at this dude.  And he can hit a ball 450+ feet with 2 strikes without even lifting his foot off the ground.  There's no chance it's a fluke.  

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Nice that the Sox responded after blowing the five-run lead. The Sox actually played pretty well once it was 6-6. Enjoyed the hitting of Yermin, Madrigal, Robert, Moncada, Vaughn), may be forgetting somebody.

Good bats.

Agreed but Dunning also had nothing tonight.  Not diminishing what the offense did but the guy we faced tonight from a stuff perspective isn't the guy we traded Eaton for or the guy the Rangers traded Lynn for.  We caught him on a bad day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Agreed but Dunning also had nothing tonight.  Not diminishing what the offense did but the guy we faced tonight from a stuff perspective isn't the guy we traded Eaton for or the guy the Rangers traded Lynn for.  We caught him on a bad day.

Lol.  I dunno seems like a coin flip outcome for a guy who threw like 10 starts in AA before blowing out for TJ and sitting on the shelf for a year.  A guy who obviously won’t throw many innings this year.  

Remember when Kopech was checking the boxes in AAA before coming up and had that nice run of AAA dominance?  Yea, Dunning didn’t do any of that...and it’s not because he was too good for AAA 😂

Lol lucky Sox catching him on a bad day.  Whew.