That’s a Chicago Yermins Win!!!!

ShoeLessRob

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol.  I dunno seems like a coin flip outcome for a guy who threw like 10 starts in AA before blowing out for TJ and sitting on the shelf for a year.  A guy who obviously won’t throw many innings this year.  

Remember when Kopech was checking the boxes in AAA before coming up and had that nice run of AAA dominance?  Yea, Dunning didn’t do any of that...and it’s not because he was too good for AAA 😂

Lol lucky Sox catching him on a bad day.  Whew. 

Did you watch him pitch at all whenhe h was on our team?  Because if you did you would see that his good stuff is much better than what he had tonight.

53 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yermin not getting called up 2 years ago is a travesty akin to the Tatis Jr. trade. What a freaking joke. We beat Oakland with him playing instead of Edwin last year. Hell, we probably have a better regular season record. 

He was crushing the ball in AAA in 2019 and even during September call ups they didn't give him a shot. Think of all the trash bats we have given so much playing time at DH the past few years while we've had Yermin in the system. 

46 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

He was crushing the ball in AAA in 2019 and even during September call ups they didn't give him a shot. Think of all the trash bats we have given so much playing time at DH the past few years while we've had Yermin in the system. 

Wellington Castillo playing at all that September over Collins and Yermin was absolutely mind-boggling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Yermin not getting called up 2 years ago is a travesty akin to the Tatis Jr. trade. What a freaking joke. We beat Oakland with him playing instead of Edwin last year. Hell, we probably have a better regular season record. 

I think you're looking at it all wrong Ron.  I do agree 100% that Yermin should have been given a shot as early as August/September2019 .

But think of it this way. What is happening with Yermin is destiny. Who knows that, if given a shot earlier, he would've done well. What if did badly ? Maybe then the Sox decide he sucks, he can't hit ,he's too old, he can't catch and they DFA him and some other team grabs him. You know as well as I do that I have made quite a few posts about the lack of opportunities he was getting but that is in the past.  We both have been championing him for a while ( I was 1st as proven by your challenge to prove who was 1st  by an impartial observer* ) . Just say this with me..Yermin is great, Yermin is good. Thank you Destiny !

* @Quin was the impartial observer

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wegner said:

So that little cold streak Yermin had was the aberration.

Not even a cold streak. Hitters regularly can go 1-6 in 2 games .  People want Vaughn in the lineup because he has a good approach. Yermin's approach is just as good plus he stepped right into the limelight and ran with it. He's doing something incredibly rare right now. Celebrate the madness that is Yermin !

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you're looking at it all wrong Ron.  I do agree 100% that Yermin should have been given a shot as early as August/September2019 .

But think of it this way. What is happening with Yermin is destiny. Who knows that, if given a shot earlier, he would've done well. What if did badly ? Maybe then the Sox decide he sucks, he can't hit ,he's too old, he can't catch and they DFA him and some other team grabs him. You know as well as I do that I have made quite a few posts about the lack of opportunities he was getting but that is in the past.  We both have been championing him for a while ( I was 1st as proven by your challenge to prove who was 1st  by an impartial observer* ) . Just say this with me..Yermin is great, Yermin is good. Thank you Destiny !

* @Quin was the impartial observer

The Ron hath spoken.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Our scouts never got the chance to see Tatis play and the team traded him without even having made a proper evaluation.  Then with Yermin they all got to see tons of him but apparently they didn't think he was any better than the likes of Palka Reed Delmonico etc. 

I actually don't know which scenario is worse.  Both are pretty harsh indictments of the org.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/fernando-tatis-jr-prospect-who-got-away-white-sox-fans-read-your-own-risk

Orel Hersisher repeated this story last night of how he was so upset after the entire family had just purchased loads of White Sox gear that Tatis had to spend 2-3 days away from the sport because he was so hurt, crying endlessly because he couldn’t understand why the White Sox didn’t want him.  And how much that rejection drove him to be an even better player (maybe Rodon experienced a similar thing?)

Obviously, they still encouraged Elijah to sign because of the relationship established between Senior and Paddy.

But between that White Sox future denied and almost signing Machado twice, it pretty much convinced me to start rooting for them as my NL team...and comparing the two front offices, spending, will to win, Latin American ops, etc.

They are only two games above .500 due to getting run over by the Pirates and Brewers, but the fact they’re in this position (beating the Dodgers’ top three starters 3/5, who are still outspending them by $80 million) without a healthy Pham (100+ stitches, nearly died), Tatis, Nola (starting catcher), Morejon, Clevinger, Lamet, Baez, etc., is so unlikely.  And that Weathers, Abrams and Gore could be even better.  It’s fun because LA is as much a dynasty as any team since the Braves or Yankees/Red Sox, David vs. Goliath, it’s the only way the sport can survive is for the small and mid-market teams to be competitive.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Also - Madrigal with 2 hits and what would have been a 3rd hit - but instead served as an RBI groundout - but was a rocket down the first base line that is a double if the 1st baseman isn't holding Hamilton on.  

I love the silver lining approach here Jason ! Just because some areas are blah now it doesn't mean they will continue to trod upon yon murky path.

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/fernando-tatis-jr-prospect-who-got-away-white-sox-fans-read-your-own-risk

Orel Hersisher repeated this story last night of how he was so upset after the entire family had just purchased loads of White Sox gear that Tatis had to spend 2-3 days away from the sport because he was so hurt, crying endlessly because he couldn’t understand why the White Sox didn’t want him.  And how much that rejection drove him to be an even better player (maybe Rodon experienced a similar thing?)

Obviously, they still encouraged Elijah to sign because of the relationship established between Senior and Paddy.

But between that White Sox future denied and almost signing Machado twice, it pretty much convinced me to start rooting for them as my NL team...and comparing the two front offices, spending, will to win, Latin American ops, etc.

They are only two games above .500 due to getting run over by the Pirates and Brewers, but the fact they’re in this position (beating the Dodgers’ top three starters 3/5, who are still outspending them by $80 million) without a healthy Pham (100+ stitches, nearly died), Tatis, Nola (starting catcher), Morejon, Clevinger, Lamet, Baez, etc., is so unlikely.  And that Weathers, Abrams and Gore could be even better.  It’s fun because LA is as much a dynasty as any team since the Braves or Yankees/Red Sox, David vs. Goliath, it’s the only way the sport can survive is for the small and mid-market teams to be competitive.

Thanks for the Padres update.

Keep ˋem coming

(16 names(

Edited by GermanSoxFan

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Nice that the Sox responded after blowing the five-run lead. The Sox actually played pretty well once it was 6-6. Enjoyed the hitting of Yermin, Madrigal, Robert, Moncada, Vaughn), may be forgetting somebody.

Good bats.

The M & & M all had great games.  Vaughn is reminding me of Robin Ventura's 0-41 streak when it finally ended.  Grandal is making me miss McCann something fierce.  

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I don’t quite understand why it’s so bad to enjoy baseball except that played by the White Sox...PTAC and Texsox somehow manage it quite well.

Dude this is a White Sox winner thread!!!!!!  And ptatc and Tex don't give running updates about other teams in game threads

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Sounds like Kopech had an eventful 9th inning warming up with some hecklers 

Our fans or Texas? Oh wow they were mentioning his kid as well, fuck those POS fans.  Go ahead and heckle a guy's performance leave his family out of it.  Those fans should serve a TO. And why the fuck would you be heckling Kopech anyways he's been nails this year and is going to be a critical piece for any WS aspirations.

Edited by chitownsportsfan