The Makings of a Juggernaut?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Best decade in franchise history <> best dynasty in the history of the game

I hear ya and I realize the previous poster was being sarcastic but my definition of “juggernaut” as a Sox fan is best decade in franchise history. I understand that is a relatively low bar to cross but I honestly think this team has an Astros type run in them. Best team in the AL for the first half of this decade.

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I hear ya and I realize the previous poster was being sarcastic but my definition of “juggernaut” as a Sox fan is best decade in franchise history. I understand that is a relatively low bar to cross but I honestly think this team has an Astros type run in them. Best team in the AL for the first half of this decade.

It’s possible but it will still come down to starting pitching.  If we can’t extend Giolito, that could potentially sidetrack things.

Best decade of Sox baseball is all but guaranteed before it even starts.  

IMO this 2021 team WITH Eloy would have been the best Sox team ever by a mile.  I think now it will be close but still end up being the best.  And this is just the first year- still too many young guys for this to be the peak.  

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think the 2020s Sox run will be the best assembly of talent the game has ever seen.  

and the Padres.  Lol. Just watch. You’ll see

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Best decade of Sox baseball is all but guaranteed before it even starts.  

IMO this 2021 team WITH Eloy would have been the best Sox team ever by a mile.  I think now it will be close but still end up being the best.  And this is just the first year- still too many young guys for this to be the peak.  

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think the 2020s Sox run will be the best assembly of talent the game has ever seen.  

and the Padres.  Lol. Just watch. You’ll see

1993/94 White Sox...until proven otherwise.

Or late 50’s/early 60’s teams.

1917/19.

Prefer not to argue about 2005 team being flukey with that quality of starting pitching.  They never got to face a really great team that postseason to test them.

Edited by caulfield12

If I remember, I’ll try to update this every Sunday. MLB ranks per fangraphs:

Batting - 4th      
Pitching - 5th

By the way, Mets pitching has been insane. If there’s one NL team that can compete with the Dodgers this season, that’s the team. DeGrom, Stroman, Carrasco (if healthy), and Thor (if healthy) is a great starting 4. DeGrom is out of his mind.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If I remember, I’ll try to update this every Sunday. MLB ranks per fangraphs:

Batting - 4th      
Pitching - 5th

By the way, Mets pitching has been insane. If there’s one NL team that can compete with the Dodgers this season, that’s the team. DeGrom, Stroman, Carrasco (if healthy), and Thor (if healthy) is a great starting 4. DeGrom is out of his mind.

The Padres are still the clear #2 in the NL IMO.

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This is fun. Click on team batting, pitching, and fielding within fangraphs and you get the following rankings for the Sox #1, #7, #2. I thought everyone said this team sucks defensively? Looks like a very balanced team to me and one that’s primed for a nice run here soon.

Funny how well Vaughn is doing defensively. Really only Leury has been a total disaster.  

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This is fun. Click on team batting, pitching, and fielding within fangraphs and you get the following rankings for the Sox #1, #7, #2. I thought everyone said this team sucks defensively? Looks like a very balanced team to me and one that’s primed for a nice run here soon.

Bad defensive play is the easiest thing for reactionary fans to pick on, but if you pay any attention to other games , there's a lot of shaky defense being played out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Bad defensive play is the easiest thing for reactionary fans to pick on, but if you pay any attention to other games , there's a lot of shaky defense being played out there.

Correct.  People forget most teams don’t have one of the top players in the league at pretty much every position, 1-26.  This team is beyond stacked and it’s only year 1.  

The bullpen blew some leads and the little kids are whining 😂.  

On 4/24/2021 at 1:18 PM, michelangelosmonkey said:

So basically all our prospects will fail...fine.  Enjoy the team

So basically all of our prospects are going to pan out...fine.

I think realistically some of our prospects will be fine and some will fail.  Others will be traded and we don't care what they do. 

On 4/26/2021 at 4:02 PM, SCCWS said:

So basically all of our prospects are going to pan out...fine.

I think realistically some of our prospects will be fine and some will fail.  Others will be traded and we don't care what they do. 

Right  now the Vaughn experiment is looking like genius and Tony was a big proponent. 

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

Right  now the Vaughn experiment is looking like genius and Tony was a big proponent. 

Except for awarding him with early playing time part...that said, this so-called patient approach and protecting him from facing the very toughest RHPers might actually be working.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, caulfield12 said:

Except for awarding him with early playing time part...that said, this so-called patient approach and protecting him from facing the very toughest RHPers might actually be working.

No way!  He should've been playing every day from the start of the season. WTF is LaRussa thinking ? He's better than any scrub the Sox have regardless of match ups !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

And the Cubs were going to be a “dynasty”.  I don’t know why I continue to be surprised by blindly over zealous fans.

2005 says hello.

It’s baseball.  It’s wacky.  It’s unpredictable.  If you get one good year savor it because chances are that’s all your getting.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RTC said:

And the Cubs were going to be a “dynasty”.  I don’t know why I continue to be surprised by blindly over zealous fans.

2005 says hello.

It’s baseball.  It’s wacky.  It’s unpredictable.  If you get one good year savor it because chances are that’s all your getting.

The Cubs won three divisions and won a World Series during their six year window.

If the Sox fail to at least match this level of accomplishment during Hahn’s “multi championship” window, fans should be deem this entire scheme a complete and utter failure.

Edited by South Side Hit Men