The Makings of a Juggernaut?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You're getting a lot of emoji reactions at least. Probably somebody trolling you unfortunately, but maybe you'll win the day. 

Ron now gets ZERO emoji's for always being so obsessed with them...reverse psychology.

It's like if you talk or complain about not having a g/f, then you definitely won't get one and might be called an INCEL.  So always yourself, be confident, know that you will never please all of the people all of the time no matter what efforts you undertake...then you will have more (emojis/girls/$$$) than you know what to do with, lol.

Or maybe you TOO can implement a strategy or policy of saying things that are so ridiculous/outlandish/hot-takeish (let's call it the My Pillow Guy or Mike Lindell Special) that you manage to pile up 100's of emoji's and chase down Fathom, Southsider2k5 and CWS...before you draw the ire of nearly everyone on the board and are declared persona non grata pretty much.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ron now gets ZERO emoji's for always being so obsessed with them...reverse psychology.

It's like if you talk or complain about not having a g/f, then you definitely won't get one and might be called an INCEL.  So always yourself, be confident, know that you will never please all of the people all of the time no matter what efforts you undertake...then you will have more (emojis/girls/$$$) than you know what to do with, lol.

Or maybe you TOO can implement a strategy or policy of saying things that are so ridiculous/outlandish/hot-takeish (let's call it the My Pillow Guy or Mike Lindell Special) that you manage to pile up 100's of emoji's and chase down Fathom, Southsider2k5 and CWS...before you draw the ire of nearly everyone on the board and are declared persona non grata pretty much.

Big words from a guy who has less likes/emojis than me! I'm currently batting over .500 in the like-per-post ratio my friend. Not to rub any salt in the wound, but you're not even at 1/4 of the Mendoza line in that category. 

I have thought of your idea at the bottom of your post, though. Bold strategy, and could definitely win some days that way for most liked content. But as you said, the act would wear thin. 

Edited by ron883

50 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Big words from a guy who has less likes/emojis than me! I'm currently batting over .500 in the like-per-post ratio my friend. Not to rub any salt in the wound, but you're not even at 1/4 of the Mendoza line in that category. 

I have thought of your idea at the bottom of your post, though. Bold strategy, and could definitely win some days that way for most liked content. But as you said, the act would wear thin. 

Well, considering that MOST of my posts were in the numerous years before 2019 when the site went in this direction...and I didn't post anything in the first three months of that 2019 season, and didn't in general post much at all for around a year until Covid-19 hit Wuhan here in January of 2020, that just MIGHT explain it.

This is where you're misreading statistics, because Chisxfn or all those on the Top 10 list would be running circles around everyone here, but some of them aren't or haven't posted as much due to changing life circumstances in the last 2-3 seasons.

If you had some actual way to go back to the very beginning of the emoji system and calculate "likes per post" beginning on that day, then you might actually have a pretty valid point.

Of the top posters on this site, almost all of them are going to be in that 1/4th to 1/2 range for the reasons I just explained.

LONG posting history before the controversial (LOL) institution of the emoji system you seem to be so obsessed with, like getting likes or comments at FB or Insta could mean anything or nothing.  It could be you have hired an army of Ukrainian bots to give yourself likes from VPN-hidden ISP's, right?   Or recruited friends and family to "like" all your posts in order to game the system and earn thousands per month...check that...ZERO dollars for your efforts/perceived popularity.

It's basic mathematics.  Unless you really think someone can be a member for 10+ years, and then suddenly post 15-20,000 messages per year...but that's hidden now with the time/date of one's original post gone/hidden/missing from the profiles.

We can easily see this phenomenon play out with Fathom, one of the most famous posters here.

6939/123,755=0.056 likes per post (or just 5.6% of posts are liked).

Oh my god, what is going on?  Ron is more than TEN TIMES more popular/successful/cool/hip/trendy than the almighty Fathom.  He maybe should be nominated for an Honorary SoxTalk Moderating Position/Officially-Designated Spokesperson for a Tobacco-Free Board.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

When people are more inclined to trying to get reactions and meaningless cool points than trying to make sense, that is fucking ridiculous.

I am led to believe most regulars here are 30's and older yet you'd think it was a high-school playground sometimes with some of the petulant, childish posting styles some of these guys have.

You're at least another one who is always well-mannered and behaves like an adult and I have a lot of respect for that. This place needs more caulfields and fathoms and a lot less Rey Reys.

I would say this stupid FB style reaction system is stupid but it comes down more to the posters who use them to expose themselves as trolls and the time they pathetically spend to do so.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

I guess the idea that an example simply reminding people that anything can happen can register in people's minds without having to rack their brains with overanalysis and intellectual dishonesty and then become childish trolls is a pipe dream. 🤷‍

I agree that anything can happen but I don't think 2005 was a good example of that. The Sox were so much better than Cleveland that it would have taken more than "anything" to change the result. 2006 would be a better example.

6 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

When people are more inclined to trying to get reactions and meaningless cool points than trying to make sense, that is fucking ridiculous.

I am led to believe most regulars here are 30's and older yet you'd think it was a high-school playground sometimes with some of the petulant, childish posting styles some of these guys have.

You're at least another one who is always well-mannered and behaves like an adult and I have a lot of respect for that. This place needs more caulfields and fathoms and a lot less Rey Reys.

I would say this stupid FB style reaction system is stupid but it comes down more to the posters who use them to expose themselves as trolls and the time they pathetically spend to do so.

Well, we now have two less Ragah's.  Thanks for joining us.  Again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Can any team that comes out of the AL Central this year be considered a juggernaut?

No, no AL Central team can say that, and that is why the Sox still have a good chance despite the injuries. Some were saying before the Yankee series that the Sox were the best team in the AL. I wasn't buying that. They need Eloy and Robert, but even when they come back we don't know how they will play coming off injuries. The Sox can win this division. That doesn't make them a juggernaut.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He's talking about you!

I gave up worrying about emojis a long time ago, whereas it still seems to be bothering you because you bring it up occasionally...and, as far as KyLle and his Army of the Dead goes, he has his lane.  As long as it doesn’t entail “driving” a Pontiac Fiero into outer space, we’ll all somehow be okay.

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:40 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Well, we now have two less Ragah's.  Thanks for joining us.  Again.

I take it he was another multi screen name sometime member of the Soxtalk community?

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I take it he was another multi screen name sometime member of the Soxtalk community?

Gotta say, I'll never understand someone getting banned and making a new name to come back. If I was banned I'd just take it as a blessing to find another hobby that might be slightly more productive 😅

Why post somewhere that bans you? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Gotta say, I'll never understand someone getting banned and making a new name to come back. If I was banned I'd just take it as a blessing to find another hobby that might be slightly more productive 😅

I could be wrong, but they also seem to be the type of people who are very quick to call someone else a troll.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Maybe their time away made them realize things they want to change about the game, I mean forum, and they want to return to change it back to how they think it should be.  I heard that’s all the rage these days.

• Haha 2

Just now, fathom said:

Maybe their time away made them realize things they want to change about the game, I mean forum, and they want to return to change it back to how they think it should be.  I heard that’s all the rage these days.

Hall of Fame response there Fathom.

8 hours ago, wegner said:

Hall of Fame response there Fathom.

Make SoxTalk Great Again...Jesus, we're getting into the political weeds more and more with every TLR post, it seems the polarization exactly mirrors the "real world," at least at this current transitional moment in time.

Edited by caulfield12

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

#1, #1, #6

second best record in AL, best run differential in AL

Juggernaut though? 

Not without Jimenez, Robert, Giolito (the ace version), another outfielder and a veteran RH bridge reliever to get the game to Hendricks. 

And quite possibly not with this manager, either. Wiping out other teams would be disrespectful to the game. 

Edited by caulfield12

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Juggernaut though? 

Not without Jimenez, Robert, Giolito (the ace version), another outfielder and a veteran RH bridge reliever to get the game to Hendricks. 

And quite possibly not with this manager, either. Wiping out other teams would be disrespectful to the game. 

My definition of juggernaut was AL version of the Dodgers. Don’t think the Sox are far from that come September when Robert and Eloy return.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, 35thstreetswarm said:

RIP Ragah.  Off to that great circular, self-referential meta-argument in the sky.  

Seeing him argue about how nobody was correctly arguing with him was pretty hilarious... Also how trigged he would get from the "laugh" emojis. 

42 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd like nothing more than to get banned but the mods won't do it, even though I've asked multiple times. I waste way too damn much time on here. 

So if you're not banned you still feel compelled to come here and post?  I've never seen SoxTalk referred to essentially in terms of being a reckless addiction, lol.  Almost a compliment.