The Makings of a Juggernaut?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

25 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Seeing him argue about how nobody was correctly arguing with him was pretty hilarious... Also how trigged he would get from the "laugh" emojis. 

Yeah, but he was piling them up at a faster pace.  5D Chess, right there.  He wouldn't have been a joy to be around in high school debate or Model UN, on the other hand.  Reminds me of one of the stars of the documentary Boys State. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll be honest, once I learned how triggered he got I put one on everyone of his posts I read lol

Some overly sensitive people these days are even triggered by the word triggered...but maybe getting rid of the smiling/laugh emoji would help at least somewhat?  Probably not easy to do as it sounds.  Then some will be upset they can't mock others, I suppose. 

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd like nothing more than to get banned but the mods won't do it, even though I've asked multiple times. I waste way too damn much time on here. 

Use a password randomizer and paste a 24 character password you won’t remember

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Some overly sensitive people these days are even triggered by the word triggered...but maybe getting rid of the smiling/laugh emoji would help at least somewhat?  Probably not easy to do as it sounds.  Then some will be upset they can't mock others, I suppose. 

They already got rid of that one "confused" emoji with the one eye opened wider than the other - because people were getting triggered. That was a big mistake. It was a great emoji. 

Removing the laugh emoji because guys like Ragah get mad - no thanks. 

Current MLB ranks:

Position Player fWAR: 2nd

wRC+: 2nd

SP fWAR: 2nd

RP fWAR: 2nd

Overall pitching fWAR: 2nd

Overall team fWAR: 1st

Defense (UZR): 8th

Run differential: 1st

Playoff odds: 3rd

Edited by OmarComing25
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2021 at 9:14 PM, Jack Parkman said:

I'd like nothing more than to get banned but the mods won't do it, even though I've asked multiple times. I waste way too damn much time on here. 

This is weak.  If you don't want to post then don't post.  It's not our responsibility to ban you because you can't stop contributing.  We aren't your parents 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Gonna try and bring this one back to earth. 

Sox lost their 2 best players (though Moncada is certainly made his push for number 1) for a huge amount of time and haven’t missed a beat. 

people were concerned about not having people to fill holes if stars get hurt. And they were mostly right. But that hardly matters when your roster has 5 (maybe 6) guys that can carry a team. 

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Gonna try and bring this one back to earth. 

Sox lost their 2 best players (though Moncada is certainly made his push for number 1) for a huge amount of time and haven’t missed a beat. 

people were concerned about not having people to fill holes if stars get hurt. And they were mostly right. But that hardly matters when your roster has 5 (maybe 6) guys that can carry a team. 

Sox can win the division without those two guys, that's how deep they are and how mediocre the division is: but to compete for a WS they absolutely need those guys healthy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox can win the division without those two guys, that's how deep they are and how mediocre the division is: but to compete for a WS they absolutely need those guys healthy.

Don’t disagree, but this team is going to be really really damn good for a long time. If it doesn’t pan out this year because those two never quite get healthy, they’ll be right back at it next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Definitely.  I think they also need a bullpen piece or 2, even if it is just to get through the regular season.  As long as their bodies allow them to, I believe both Eloy and Robert have good chances of rejoining this season, which would be a HUGE boost to this team both statistically and clubhouse morale.  I feel like the team could just take off in August and go on an extended run if those 2 can come back with their talent and infectious personalities.

Just now, mqr said:

Don’t disagree, but this team is going to be really really damn good for a long time. If it doesn’t pan out this year because those two never quite get healthy, they’ll be right back at it next year. 

Totally.  They need to extend Lynn somehow tho.  Otherwise pitching looks mediocre.

2 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

It will be interesting how it pans out with Giolito, Lynn & Rodon needing contracts.

Offer Rodon the QA and take the draft pick and then do everything you can to lock up Lynn and Giolito.  I wonder if Giolito will take a discount to stay in Chicago.  He seems like the type that just might, but you never know and money almost always wins.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Offer Rodon the QA and take the draft pick and then do everything you can to lock up Lynn and Giolito.  I wonder if Giolito will take a discount to stay in Chicago.  He seems like the type that just might, but you never know and money almost always wins.

He’s said in the past he wants to stay but isn’t going to undervalue himself. 

but maybe you can sneak something by if he continues to be just kinda okay this year. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

He’s said in the past he wants to stay but isn’t going to undervalue himself. 

but maybe you can sneak something by if he continues to be just kinda okay this year. 

Yea that's what I was thinking.  His stock has fallen a bit, might be a good time to try and buy at a bit of a discount.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Let's bump the brakes here.  The dude hasn't been able to stay healthy since Robin Ventura was his manager, and you want to throw $20 million at him for two months of work?  Let's get through a season before we blow everything on a guy who hasn't made it 100 innings but 3 times since 2015.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let's bump the brakes here.  The dude hasn't been able to stay healthy since Robin Ventura was his manager, and you want to throw $20 million at him for two months of work?  Let's get through a season before we blow everything on a guy who hasn't made it 100 innings but 3 times since 2015.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell he takes the QA if he finishes with around 180 IP and an ERA below 3.  So yea, offer it to him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell he takes the QA if he finishes with around 180 IP and an ERA below 3.  So yea, offer it to him.

If a team is really willing to pay Carlos Rodon $20 million, not just for one year, but for multiple years, you laugh and move on.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is weak.  If you don't want to post then don't post.  It's not our responsibility to ban you because you can't stop contributing.  We aren't your parents 

I try to stop but I can't help myself. 

I don't understand what the problem is. How long does it take to put an IP adress ban on? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

40 minutes ago, mqr said:

agreed. with that said, baseball's labor situation worries me quite a bit. i have some doubt there is a season next year but i hope i'm wrong. would be awful to piss away a year of opportunity in the middle of this window. 

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If a team is really willing to pay Carlos Rodon $20 million, not just for one year, but for multiple years, you laugh and move on.

A team won't offer him 20 million a year.. But 4 years at 60 million?  Aboslutely.  If he takes the QO, I'd gladly gamble 20 million for one more year to see if it's real.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I try to stop but I can't help myself. 

I don't understand what the problem is. How long does it take to put an IP adress ban on? 

Have some self restraint.  I don't understand what the problem is?  How come You can't just not post here?