Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

24 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Glad we are keeping the same lineup for once. I do wish Mercedes was a little higher though

In the grand scheme of things he’s a 28 year old who might come down. Robert is very young and has superstar potential. It benefits us more to have Robert at 5

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

Why tinker with a lineup that scored 9 runs...Yermin producing in the 7 hole is fine with me for now.

The bottom of the lineup can be quite pesky with Mercedes, Vaughn and Madrigal giving the pitcher quality AB's , drawing walks and hitting well with 2 strikes on them. I like the 3 of them in a row. Power with pain in the ass qualities.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Grandal is just a black hole in that lineup. Yermin should be above him. 

• 97th percentile BB rate
  • 79th percentile K rate
  • 89th percentile hard hit rate

His only problem right now is he’s hitting way too many balls on the ground at the expense of line-drives.  That should normalize closer to career norms with time.  Either way, he’s far from a black hole, especially for a catcher.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:
  • 79th percentile K rate

His only problem right now is he’s hitting way too many balls on the ground at the expense of line-drives.  That should normalize closer to career norms with time.  Either way, he’s far from a black hole, especially for a catcher.

Don’t try and hit me with stats, my eye balls tell me he sucks. 

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Don’t try and hit me with stats, my eye balls tell me he sucks. 

Not trying to be a dick, but that’s because you and many others here are completely irrational when it comes to the main Soxtalk whipping boys like Yasmani & Madrigal.  Everything is bad with these guys no matter what the numbers say.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:
  • 79th percentile K rate

Around 18th out of 27...catchers are really hitting much better this year, such as Narvaez, already at 1.1 fWAR one-eighth of the way through the season.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=c&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=40&type=8&season=2021&month=0&season1=2021&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2021-01-01&enddate=2021-12-31&sort=18,d

Combine with defensive woes and the biggest contract in team history.  Will probably be blamed for not being McCann if Giolito goes south, too.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic