Kopech starting sunday

Heads22

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

Dude has been building arm strength for more than two years now. The idea he can’t throw innings is ludicrous. His arm should be stronger than ever.

look at Rodon. His arm was strong last year. But that’s not the same as command. All pitchers get fatigued as the game goes on, but its not velocity and strength that normally  goes with fatigue, its command. Takes time to build that innings endurance up. Tou look at what happened to Kopech last game, gave up a walk and a single because he lost the edge. He was still throwing hard. Side question though, but this season Kopech and Crochet are throwing 96-97 instead of 98-99. I hope it is intentional 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

look at Rodon. His arm was strong last year. But that’s not the same as command. All pitchers get fatigued as the game goes on, but its not velocity and strength that normally  goes with fatigue, its command. Takes time to build that innings endurance up. Tou look at what happened to Kopech last game, gave up a walk and a single because he lost the edge. He was still throwing hard. Side question though, but this season Kopech and Crochet are throwing 96-97 instead of 98-99. I hope it is intentional 

Post more.

Lot of talk on Twitter about some idiot fans harassing Kopech in the bullpen tonight. Bringing up his kid and ex. Scumbags if true.

edit: two nights ago apparently, I’m not the best at reading Tweets .

edit: and I just saw the other thread that covered this lol. D’oh.

Go Kopech!!

Edited by claydude14

12 hours ago, ptatc said:

Pitching in MLB innings is much different than just strengthening. It's like getting ready for a marathon by walking. It's the same motion but the intensity isn't there.

I’m not sure throwing 97 mph fastballs in a bullpen vs 97 in a game is analogous to walking vs. running a marathon

11 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Rodon didn’t have the extra year Kopech had. Basically your claim here is the eight game innings Rodon threw last year was the difference in allowing him to go 100+ pitched and Kopech only able to throw 40. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think it probably is. You can't replicate game stress and intensity. 

Nobody walks to prepare for a marathon. Playing soft toss would be the analogy to walking compared to a marathon. There are tons of pitchers who have after spending the year rebuilding arm strength following TJS recovery have pitched a normal workload. That’s the reason it takes an extra year after healing. But Kopech has had an extra year on top of that

Edited by Vulture