Playoff odds

Dominikk85

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

After tonight's win, FanGraphs officially has us at 100% probability for winning the division. 

Take this with a grain of salt though, because they had the Padres at a 98.4% chance to make the postseason in May and they're now at something like 44%. 

Screenshot_20210818-231732_Brave.jpg

Wow they've got the Padres at under 50%?  They must have a tough remaining schedule.

White Sox getting disrespected in these odds for the pennant and ultimate championship.  They have the best pen in the game and once grandal gets back it’ll be funny to watch these odds sway for pennant and championship.  Check out the A’s Astros and AL East teams schedules compared to ours.  White Sox will win 101 games

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wow they've got the Padres at under 50%?  They must have a tough remaining schedule.

That and they're choking all their games vs. the easy part of their schedule. Getting swept by the Rockies is embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

After tonight's win, FanGraphs officially has us at 100% probability for winning the division. 

Take this with a grain of salt though, because they had the Padres at a 98.4% chance to make the postseason in May and they're now at something like 44%. 

Screenshot_20210818-231732_Brave.jpg

come on dude, there are less games to be played 

4 hours ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Padres started Jake Arrieta today in Coors. That's where their rotation is at right now lol

Crazy considering how many amazing starting pitchers they amassed over the past 18 months.

Certainly can’t find an ounce of fault with the Padres in trying since their Hosimer signing.

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Crazy considering how many amazing starting pitchers they amassed over the past 18 months.

Certainly can’t find an ounce of fault with the Padres in trying since their Hosimer signing.

They’ve certainly done a fantastic job ensuring they won’t be good long term by giving away boatloads of young talent. 

8 hours ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Padres started Jake Arrieta today in Coors. That's where their rotation is at right now lol

Did not know they were that desperate.  Maybe they can bring back James Shields?  Not that I wish them any ill will. :cool:

13 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

They never should have traded Shields away in the first place. Such a foolish trade.

I agree, Major League Baseball should void that trade.  We want Erik Johnson back immediately!!!  And I guess we will take that other guy too that Rick threw into the deal.

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am hard pressed to believe the Giants and Braves have a better chance to win than the Sox.  I'd say the Brewers too, but with that staff.....Milwaukee could definitely could win it .  Though I admit I'd be happy to draw them in the WS if the Sox were to get there. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am hard pressed to believe the Giants and Braves have a better chance to win than the Sox.  I'd say the Brewers too, but with that staff.....Milwaukee could definitely could win it .  Though I admit I'd be happy to draw them in the WS if the Sox were to get there. 

Braves? Yeah, I don’t see it.

The Giants though…I’m done trying to make sense of it. They’ve sustained it for so long that I’m convinced they’re legit. Even if I still don’t get it.

29 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Braves? Yeah, I don’t see it.

The Giants though…I’m done trying to make sense of it. They’ve sustained it for so long that I’m convinced they’re legit. Even if I still don’t get it.

Braves are sneaky but no.  I'm honestly kind of hard-pressed to think how on talent alone the Sox aren't considered favorites in the AL.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

White Sox and Brewers would be a great one to see. East coast and networks won't like it though 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

White Sox and Brewers would be a great one to see. East coast and networks won't like it though 

Yes, I always root for the least attractive matchup to the commissioner and four letter network. If the Sox can't make it, want Tampa vs. Milwaukee or Cincinnati among the teams with +1% current odds.