Sign in to follow this  
Dominikk85

Playoff odds

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, I always root for the least attractive matchup to the commissioner and four letter network. If the Sox can't make it, want Tampa vs. Milwaukee or Cincinnati among the teams with +1% current odds.

Tampa Bay Rays vs. Bishop Sycamore.

• Haha 1

I had plans to go to Vegas to see the Bears w/my friend but she wanted to pivot towards the White Sox playoffs (and I agreed). As of right now it looks like they'd be playing Houston - we're both from Chicago obviously and she lives in Houston, so that'd work, but damn, the Astros beat us like we stole something this year

28 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I had plans to go to Vegas to see the Bears w/my friend but she wanted to pivot towards the White Sox playoffs (and I agreed). As of right now it looks like they'd be playing Houston - we're both from Chicago obviously and she lives in Houston, so that'd work, but damn, the Astros beat us like we stole something this year

Our fate would be different this time. We’re a different team.

8 hours ago, hi8is said:

Our fate would be different this time. We’re a different team.

We also beat them in Chicago.

9 hours ago, lostfan said:

Not to worry. With our whole team intact...we can beat anyone.

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

Not to worry. With our whole team intact...we can beat anyone.

Get the bullpen going and keep the bats up…. Then you’ve got as good a chance as anyone.

24 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Get the bullpen going and keep the bats up…. Then you’ve got as good a chance as anyone.

This team is so streaky...I really think if they do not have a 1st round exit, they will make the WS....in that case I don't know if they win it all this year but I'd love to have the chance.

27 minutes ago, wegner said:

This team is so streaky...I really think if they do not have a 1st round exit, they will make the WS....in that case I don't know if they win it all this year but I'd love to have the chance.

Noone can be sure but we played wounded the entire year.  With the whole team intact...I like our chances.

42 minutes ago, wegner said:

13 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Noone can be sure but we played wounded the entire year.  With the whole team intact...I like our chances.

Yea these next 5 weeks will be very insightful and are important to begin building momentum.

Very much looking forward to them.

These are Baseball Reference odds, the same site that had the Twins as the favorite to win the division as late as June.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have no idea how they think the Braves are a better team than Chicago.  No clue.

.608 second half winning percentage, coming off an 18-8 record in August. If their algorithm weights “how are you playing lately”, that would do it.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

.608 second half winning percentage, coming off an 18-8 record in August. If their algorithm weights “how are you playing lately”, that would do it.

Sure but I refuse to think they are that silly.

4 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Haven't earned it compared to others. 

You really think that the Braves are more likely to win the WS than the Sox?

On 9/7/2021 at 7:49 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Crap....they still give the Indians a chance,  If this isn't a Must Win tonight boys, I don't know what is!!!

27 minutes ago, asindc said:

You really think that the Braves are more likely to win the WS than the Sox?

Nope. But respect is still earned and their recent success over the years goes for something. We can change the narrative about us starting in a few weeks. 

35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Nope. But respect is still earned and their recent success over the years goes for something. We can change the narrative about us starting in a few weeks. 

Past seasons are irrelevant to this discussion.