Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dominikk85

Playoff odds

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, I always root for the least attractive matchup to the commissioner and four letter network. If the Sox can't make it, want Tampa vs. Milwaukee or Cincinnati among the teams with +1% current odds.

Tampa Bay Rays vs. Bishop Sycamore.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had plans to go to Vegas to see the Bears w/my friend but she wanted to pivot towards the White Sox playoffs (and I agreed). As of right now it looks like they'd be playing Houston - we're both from Chicago obviously and she lives in Houston, so that'd work, but damn, the Astros beat us like we stole something this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I had plans to go to Vegas to see the Bears w/my friend but she wanted to pivot towards the White Sox playoffs (and I agreed). As of right now it looks like they'd be playing Houston - we're both from Chicago obviously and she lives in Houston, so that'd work, but damn, the Astros beat us like we stole something this year

Our fate would be different this time. We’re a different team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hi8is said:

Our fate would be different this time. We’re a different team.

We also beat them in Chicago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lostfan said:

I had plans to go to Vegas to see the Bears w/my friend but she wanted to pivot towards the White Sox playoffs (and I agreed). As of right now it looks like they'd be playing Houston - we're both from Chicago obviously and she lives in Houston, so that'd work, but damn, the Astros beat us like we stole something this year

Not to worry. With our whole team intact...we can beat anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poppysox said:

Not to worry. With our whole team intact...we can beat anyone.

Get the bullpen going and keep the bats up…. Then you’ve got as good a chance as anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Get the bullpen going and keep the bats up…. Then you’ve got as good a chance as anyone.

This team is so streaky...I really think if they do not have a 1st round exit, they will make the WS....in that case I don't know if they win it all this year but I'd love to have the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wegner said:

This team is so streaky...I really think if they do not have a 1st round exit, they will make the WS....in that case I don't know if they win it all this year but I'd love to have the chance.

Noone can be sure but we played wounded the entire year.  With the whole team intact...I like our chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, wegner said:

This team is so streaky...I really think if they do not have a 1st round exit, they will make the WS....in that case I don't know if they win it all this year but I'd love to have the chance.

 

13 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Noone can be sure but we played wounded the entire year.  With the whole team intact...I like our chances.

Yea these next 5 weeks will be very insightful and are important to begin building momentum.

Very much looking forward to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are Baseball Reference odds, the same site that had the Twins as the favorite to win the division as late as June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have no idea how they think the Braves are a better team than Chicago.  No clue.

.608 second half winning percentage, coming off an 18-8 record in August. If their algorithm weights “how are you playing lately”, that would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

.608 second half winning percentage, coming off an 18-8 record in August. If their algorithm weights “how are you playing lately”, that would do it.

Sure but I refuse to think they are that silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Haven't earned it compared to others. 

You really think that the Braves are more likely to win the WS than the Sox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2021 at 7:49 PM, southsider2k5 said:

 

Crap....they still give the Indians a chance,  If this isn't a Must Win tonight boys, I don't know what is!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, asindc said:

You really think that the Braves are more likely to win the WS than the Sox?

Nope. But respect is still earned and their recent success over the years goes for something. We can change the narrative about us starting in a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Nope. But respect is still earned and their recent success over the years goes for something. We can change the narrative about us starting in a few weeks. 

Past seasons are irrelevant to this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×