Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

La Russa is quickly making me hate Leury with all the playing time he‘s giving him.

For some reason the team has decided Collins is their backup catcher. Whatever. He’s a number 8 or 9 hitter, and Madrigal no longer makes sense at the bottom below people like Collins.

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

For some reason the team has decided Collins is their backup catcher. Whatever. He’s a number 8 or 9 hitter, and Madrigal no longer makes sense at the bottom below people like Collins.

Collins is fine as the backup catcher for now, but obviously he needs to get going offensively.  I’d still bat him in front of Madrigal as I really like Nick in the 9th spot in the order.  Leury is the real problem unfortunately.  I’d much rather see Lamb out in LF today than hope a struggling Leury can defy the historical odds and magically start hitting RHP at an acceptable rate.

I'm OK with that lineup. Leury and collins have to start at least once a week if you keep them on the roster. 

I would like to see to get Abreu like one day off per week though as long he is struggling. Abreu never is really good in April and while he should Still play most days I think a day off per week wouldn't be the worst thing at least until he gets it going. 

9 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I'm OK with that lineup. Leury and collins have to start at least once a week if you keep them on the roster. 

I would like to see to get Abreu like one day off per week though as long he is struggling. Abreu never is really good in April and while he should Still play most days I think a day off per week wouldn't be the worst thing at least until he gets it going. 

He had 2 days off this week just like the rest of the team.

10 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with Collins catching 1/2 games per week. 

Garcia will have more games and plate appearances than Vaughn after today. Tony will keep him on the team over Mendick (Mendick 166 OPS +. Garcia at 13 (never seen one that low before), and keep him in the lineup over Vaughn (OPS + 96) because he is a "veteran" who has "earned it". Hahn needs to Tony proof this roster and release Lamb and send Garcia down.

24 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

If you want to give him a start, try to do it against LHP when possible and give Eaton a breather.  Perhaps there wasn’t a great alternative this week, but La Russa hasn’t been great taking advantage of platoon advantages.  Regardless, why doesn’t this same logic apply to Jake Lamb?  Wouldn’t he make more sense out in LF today?

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why do we need to start our worst hitter on the team when Vaughn has been hitting well and only plays 7 innings a game anyways? 

Agreed. Vaughn seems to be finding his stroke. Why disrupt his rhythm now? 

Garcia is another one the Sox need to step away from like Delmonico. This franchise is like a dog chasing lasers sometimes. Anyway, I didn’t know Billy Hamilton had a good arm like that. But if you’re gonna go away from Vaughn, reward Billy today with a start after such a play. Really, say what you want about RR, what Larussa has brought to the table as an upgrade is questionable.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

Unless you know for a fact that Leury will be on this roster in September/October, there's absolutely zero reason to give him starts to "keep him fresh".  He has no business anywhere near an MLB starting line-up.  Engel/Hamilton will be primary backup OFs while Mendick/Lamb serve as primary IF backups.  Leury should be the last man on the bench, not getting starts.  

Infuriating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, Leury needs some starts just like any other bench guy.  You guys have to know that, this kind of shit can be painful but it's necessary 

For what purpose?  It's not to rest anyone, we just had two days off this week.  If we're in the middle of 17 straight games, sure, he definitely get a start to give someone a breather.  Now?  Nah...his ass should be on the bench.

6 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

For what purpose?  It's not to rest anyone, we just had two days off this week.  If we're in the middle of 17 straight games, sure, he definitely get a start to give someone a breather.  Now?  Nah...his ass should be on the bench.

Because you can't bench him for 2 weeks straight.  if he is your infield outfield sub and you have injuries to either part of the defense you need him to have some at bats. He has sucked out loud I agree but   Leury is more valuable because he can play more positions.  Mendick will get at bats too