Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Sox currently sitting in 2nd WC spot 1 1/2 games ahead of LAA/TB, 1/2 game behind SEA for 1st WC, 1 1/2 behind KC in the division, tied with KC for longest current win streak.

Its nice to have the wild card lead but I'm not getting over confident with 141 more games to play.  

53 minutes ago, Green Line said:

TLR is right.  Cease hasn’t pitched himself out of the rotation, yet..  The bullpen is the main problem right now so I see no reason to remove Kopech from it for the moment when he’s the best arm.

Kopech would have to be shut down later if he becomes a starter now. Will not work. 

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Its nice to have the wild card lead but I'm not getting over confident with 141 more games to play.  

I seem to remember being 17 games over .500 last year and barely holding on there at the end...granted, 50% of it was stepping off the gas after beating the Twins, the Indians owning us and then Renteria managing/experimenting.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I seem to remember being 17 games over .500 last year and barely holding on there at the end...granted, 50% of it was stepping off the gas after beating the Twins, the Indians owning us and then Renteria managing/experimenting.

The White Sox made the playoffs by 9 games last year in a 60 game season (meaning they had a 9 game lead over the team that "could have taken their spot". How is that "barely holding on?"

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The White Sox made the playoffs by 9 games last year in a 60 game season (meaning they had a 9 game lead over the team that "could have taken their spot". How is that "barely holding on?"

I guess dropping from the #1 seed to #7 seed in a week makes it feel like they barely squeaked in.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I still attest that the seeding was pretty fake last year too though. The Sox would have been the 5 seed in a typical year with a two game lead over the 6 seed.

Good point. 

Boy that sure was an awful week and a half of baseball after clinching though...not counting Giolito's playoff start which to me really announced that he was the real deal

Edited by wegner

32 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I like how things are going recently but I wish TL would stop with the Garcia love.

Yes, especially with Vaughn hitting the ball very well.  I don't get it.