Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

He's only a draft pick that skipped the minors you looking for prime eckersley?

I still hate this decision by the Sox. If he's an effective reliever, will they really send him down to the minors to hone his secondary pitches and stretch out his arm?

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's only a draft pick that skipped the minors you looking for prime eckersley?

You don’t think he looks like an entirely different pitcher this year.  To be honest, he looks more like what I expected when the Sox picked him.

Just now, ron883 said:

I still hate this decision by the Sox. If he's an effective reliever, will they really send him down to the minors to hone his secondary pitches and stretch out his arm?

They're going the Sale route. Unfortunately, Sale had 2 really good pitches besides his fastball. Crochet is only dominant if he throws 100+. His off-speed stuff isn't good enough if he only throws 96-97.

Just now, fathom said:

You don’t think he looks like an entirely different pitcher this year.  To be honest, he looks more like what I expected when the Sox picked him.

He looks like a guy 18 months removed from keggars and coeds.  He's been awesome overall and form comes and goes with young pitchers.  I'm thrilled the Sox appear to have nailed yet another draft pick.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

At this pace of 9 innings pitched over 21 games that is about 69.1 IP for the year.  At that rate I am not sure you can ever start him.  Maybe next year.  Maybe the plan is like 60-70 IP regular season and up to 10 IP playoffs.