Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Exactly. Let him get into a rhythm for fucksake.

Edit: Leury should probably be on chopping block when Engel comes back.

I think it’s gonna be Vaughn. Which ultimately I’m fine with. Let him go get at bats in Charlotte for a couple weeks. He’ll be back. Don’t think you can cut Leury without another backup IF on the roster. 

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think it’s gonna be Vaughn. Which ultimately I’m fine with. Let him go get at bats in Charlotte for a couple weeks. He’ll be back. Don’t think you can cut Leury without another backup IF on the roster. 

I didn't notice that Mendick was sent down. Yeah he's here to stay then unfortunately.

And I'm honestly ok with Vaughn going down myself. Especially with the way he is being used. Do you go with Lamb/Engel platoon or Hamilton/Engel though for LF?

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

I didn't notice that Mendick was sent down. Yeah he's here to stay then unfortunately.

And I'm honestly ok with Vaughn going down myself. Especially with the way he is being used. Do you go with Lamb/Engel platoon or Hamilton/Engel though for LF?

Forgot about Lamb for a second.  Honestly, he should be the guy getting cut.  Based on the way he's been used 21 games in, he serves literally zero purpose other than Moncada injury replacement.  Which honestly is going to be needed at some point, but not sure its worth holding a roster spot for.  

I honestly expect Engel to get most starts in LF when he comes back with some Hamilton sprinkled in.  And Vaughn going down for the time being, though I fully expect him back in June sometime.  

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Forgot about Lamb for a second.  Honestly, he should be the guy getting cut.  Based on the way he's been used 21 games in, he serves literally zero purpose other than Moncada injury replacement.  Which honestly is going to be needed at some point, but not sure its worth holding a roster spot for.  

I honestly expect Engel to get most starts in LF when he comes back with some Hamilton sprinkled in.  And Vaughn going down for the time being, though I fully expect him back in June sometime.  

They used Lamb in LF recently so maybe that could be a plan going forward? Engel/Lamb platoon but not a strict platoon where Engel plays against some righties?

Edit: don't really care if they sent Vaughn down or got rid of Hamilton or Lamb.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

They used Lamb in LF recently so maybe that could be a plan going forward? Engel/Lamb platoon but not a strict platoon where Engel plays against some righties?

Could be, but I doubt we'll see that regularly.  Seems to me Lamb is/should be behind Vaughn, Engel, Hamilton and Leury for LF opps.  If Vaughn goes down when Engel returns, Lamb is still 4th in line imo.  Could they plug him in there every now and then against a tough righty?  Probably - but I doubt we'll see it often.  I'd rather see Hamilton get those reps honestly - he at least provides good defense and baserunning.  

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Could be, but I doubt we'll see that regularly.  Seems to me Lamb is/should be behind Vaughn, Engel, Hamilton and Leury for LF opps.  If Vaughn goes down when Engel returns, Lamb is still 4th in line imo.  Could they plug him in there every now and then against a tough righty?  Probably - but I doubt we'll see it often.  I'd rather see Hamilton get those reps honestly - he at least provides good defense and baserunning.  

As badly as I don't want to see Hamilton in the lineup, the lineup is great enough to the point where they can stick him in the 8-spot.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Lamb will be sent down when Engel returns IMO.  Leury and Hamilton have more situational uses than Lamb.

Unfortunately, Lamb can't be sent down.  He'd need to be DFA'd and he'd very likely be gone.  And with the extreme lack of upper minors organizational depth at 3B, I think that's why the Sox signed him and have held onto him to this point.  If Yoan goes down for any stretch of time, Leury/Mendick are the options and frankly neither are MLB 3B.  Mendick hardly has the arm for short.