A Kopastic White Sox Winner

Chisoxfn

Can we get more excitement in here?? The game has been over for hours after the Sox just completed the sweep, and we have 4 comments.

Collins looks like a catcher. "Slow, bad defender" Madrigal legged out a triple, turned a couple double plays, and looked sharp defensively. Abreu continues to drive in runs. Kopech threw a goddamn gem. No one has anything to complain about so everyone went quiet?

That's a winning streak, folks! We've broken past that .500 barrier and there's no looking back. Let's go Sox!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

All ten strikeouts

His first start he was perfect the first time through the order, this time he got 8 strikeouts. Kopech is going to break some records when he builds up his arm strength up enough to go 100-120 pitches a night.

There were several posters calling him a bust less than a year ago. Questioning his desire to play and saying he was mentally weak. Suggesting he be traded at his lowest value. I’m really enjoying their silence now :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Can we get more excitement in here?? The game has been over for hours after the Sox just completed the sweep, and we have 4 comments.

Collins looks like a catcher. "Slow, bad defender" Madrigal legged out a triple, turned a couple double plays, and looked sharp defensively. Abreu continues to drive in runs. Kopech threw a goddamn gem. No one has anything to complain about so everyone went quiet?

That's a winning streak, folks! We've broken past that .500 barrier and there's no looking back. Let's go Sox!

Hell yeah

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The bar seems pretty low to call out nice game.  Other guys wish they could get props as easy as this

Sorry to be a little enthusiastic for a guy who has worked hard on his defense and is making a helluva lot more contact than he used to.  Obviously he was not the star but he had a nice game.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Hell yea man!  I think we’ll have to wait a week for all the trashers to come out of hiding and admit maybe this is a freakin Badass team on a bullet train to the playoffs.  

They need to hide for another week of winning though and hope TLR makes a bad bullpen decision or Madrigal boots a ball in his 45th career game so they can say “AHA!  JR sucks no depth!  TLR old drunk!  TLR hates analytics- game passed him by!  Madrigal picked at #4...HMPH!!! Abreu showing his age!  Grandal useless!  But the small sample size of Dane Dunning is conclusive!”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Sorry to be a little enthusiastic for a guy who has worked hard on his defense and is making a helluva lot more contact than he used to.  Obviously he was not the star but he had a nice game.

Agreed, I've loved the way Collins has looked this year. Incredibly impressive improvement imo in multiple facets of the game. Hard to be consistent offensively without playing a lot but his contact has improved a lot and he's been fine with the glove. Certainly not "unplayable" like people were screaming for years.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Kopech has 27 Ks and 4 walks in 15 2/3 innings 

🔥

Damn that's a pretty impressive stat line. I really had my doubts about Kopech moving forward. With the long layoff and very little information about his personal life/situation (which is totally fine that it's private by the way) I just thought there was a ton of red flags/warning signs it just might not all come together for him. So happy to see what's he's doing in 2021

• Like 1

I am so glad Nicky 2 Strikes is shutting up the doubters. He had the yips early but has settled in nicely at 2nd and is starting to hit the ball harder, he is the perfect 9 hole and occasional 2 hole hitter for this team. 

I wonder what Kopech would look like now if he pitched last year, he would probably still be at a tight inning limit but I have to imagine he would have been in the rotation (but probably wouldn't have Rodon)

Team is starting to heat up right when the weather is about to warm up, hopefully we go on a nice 10 game stretch 

• Like 1

I was there, it was extraordinarily fucking cold but worth every second. I got to see, in person, Nick Madrigal hit a baseball 321 feet on a line, it was a thing of beauty. Nick had quite a series.

I'm starting to build an affinity for this year's team, they're really good and fun as hell.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Damn that's a pretty impressive stat line. I really had my doubts about Kopech moving forward. With the long layoff and very little information about his personal life/situation (which is totally fine that it's private by the way) I just thought there was a ton of red flags/warning signs it just might not all come together for him. So happy to see what's he's doing in 2021

After finally seeing the replay of his performance, I’m so impressed by his fastball command. Even most of his misses are competitive pitches. It’s a huge change from where he was in AAA.

Anytime it says 3 for 3 next to Collins' name, I'm happy. I am hopeful for the guy.

Abreu with the nice blast early in the game. Sweet

Kopech. Wow.

Madrigal is lookin' mighty good. I like.

Don't worry, be happy. The team is looking good. Still misses Eloy big picture ... but if Mercedes keeps it up, it kind of nullifies the loss of Eloy. Nice to sweep a team at the Cell. In the past, the Sox don't really sweep hardly anybody.

Conclusion: It's nice to have a good team and a good manager. I just don't take each game as seriously as the past (to this point) cause talent will prevail and we have a manager who knows what he's doing. Give Tony the talent and he'll do a nice professional job with it.

Edited by greg775

19 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

I was there, it was extraordinarily fucking cold but worth every second. I got to see, in person, Nick Madrigal hit a baseball 321 feet on a line, it was a thing of beauty. Nick had quite a series.

I'm starting to build an affinity for this year's team, they're really good and fun as hell.

The key is did you respect the cold temps and wear a winter coat? If you pick the wrong coat, you are doomed to a very ice cold experience.