Tigers @ Sox

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I love the TLR bashing. 

This is suppose to be the damn ACE of the staff people were calling for a $200 million extension for.  7 innings 110 pitches better be in the damn cards!   Especially after  only going 1 inning the last time and on 7 days rest now.

Lol

It needs to be in the cards in April vs the worst team in baseball? What?

I love the TLR bashing. 

This is suppose to be the damn ACE of the staff people were calling for a $200 million extension for.  7 innings 110 pitches better be in the damn cards!   Especially after  only going 1 inning the last time and on 7 days rest now.

Did you not watch Monday's game against Boston?

Clearly, his fastball is not there yet and he had the cut and had to be a little fragile mentally...there was ZERO reason to push our luck and not use the bullpen when they're well rested.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That's negligent, all jokes aside. 115 pitches vs the Tigers in April. Guy should have came out before the inning feeling good about himself and healthy/strong. It's one of the more puzzling managerial decisions I've ever seen. 

It was clear to anyone that’s not drunk that he was gassed in the 6th.

• Like 1

I love the TLR bashing. 

Boo! This is a garbage post

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I love the TLR bashing. 

Thank you.

Have the expectations for a starting pitcher.. let alone the ace of a staff, fallen so far in 2-3 years??

This is not on TLR so much as its on the garbage pitcher that Giolito has been for half of his starts this year.  It begins with him.

Edited by Green Line

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This is bizarre. Did Tony bet on Giolito going 7 innings tonight?  I fucking hate that drunk piece of shit.

He's just as bad as I remember him managing the Sox the first time.  How in the hell did this guy make the HOF?  And to think this asshole cost Jimmy Piersall his post game show hosting job back in '82.

Just now, Green Line said:

Thank you.

Have the exceptions for a starting pitcher.. let alone the ace of a staff, fallen so far in 2-3 years??

This is not on TLR so much as its on the garbage pitcher that Giolito has been for half of his starts this year.  It begins with him.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Thank you.

Have the expectations for a starting pitcher.. let alone the ace of a staff, fallen so far in 2-3 years??

No one cares if a pitcher only goes 6 innings anymore.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Between this game and the Foster debacle vs Mariners, you just can’t do this and not be held responsible.  Absolutely no excuse.

Reinsdorf will just double down and get more defensive about TLR if the constant focus of the Chicago media is all on Tony.

He's not going to give in unless LaRussa walks away first.

Can we please take down that stupid DYNASTY thread, seriously????

I knew as soon as something like that went up it was a jinx...like any time in the last twenty years when national baseball writers praised some aspect of our team like the bullpen or whatever.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I love the TLR bashing. 

And when your Ace starts losing it after 100 pitches you pull him when he has given you six strong innings with 1 earned run. 

in case you’re new to the concept that’s known as a “quality start” for a reason

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lucas did his job for 6 innings tonight. He clearly lost effectiveness in the 7th. Idk how you ask a guy to go 110 pitches when your bullpen just came off basically 2 off days.

Yeah everybody know even your great pitchers don't have their great stuff every time out.  What makes them great is their ability to get by when they don't have it.  That was Gio tonight.  A manager is supposed to know this stuff and is supposed to be a pitchers best friend.  

Icy cold takes in this GT..."Not TLR's fault, Gio should be better!"

Yikes, bros. It is the job of the Hall of Fame Baseball Person manager, to see his starter is completely out of gas, everyone saw it except Sleepy Tony.

• Like 4