Tigers @ Sox

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, fathom said:

analytics said to pull Giolito and to ph someone for Hamilton or Garcia. At least Tony got to show he’s smarter than a computer.

Fiddles the Chimp from the Zoo in the funny red pants also had those same ideas.  As did like all the actual people watching.

Tony is playing 1 dimensional chess here.  Maybe some one living on the moon is impressed.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

analytics said to pull Giolito and to ph someone for Hamilton or Garcia. At least Tony got to show he’s smarter than a computer.

When he last managed, pitchers weren’t always going max effort so guys could more commonly throw 120 pitches. He literally told everyone that baseball today needed to be shown how things used to be done.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

When he last managed, pitchers weren’t always going max effort so guys could more commonly throw 120 pitches. He literally told everyone that baseball today needed to be shown how things used to be done.

Yep, and I’m sure we’ll get our second apology of the season in 22 games about how he’ll learn from his mistake 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Must have confused him with Wainright in 2011 post-season...

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Stone and Jason are doing everything they can to say Tony is having an awful night without actually saying it

I don't see either defying Jerry's choice, unless Jason's planning to leave for ESPN, or Steve's figures he's too old for this shit.

Len and D.J. aren't saying peep about these decisions on the radio broadcast.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Managers still knew their own players back in the 2010s and still could gauge when their starters didn't have it.  Especially in April.  Especially after an offday.  Especially while clinging to a one run lead.

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Can someone lose their Hall Of Fame status due to poor performance after coming out of retirement?

No, Tony confirmed this with the HOF before taking the job. Tony stated he would not have taken the job if it in any way impacted his HOF status.

Priorities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/tony-la-russa-had-one-condition-before-accepting-white-sox-manager-job/ar-BB1dMd2s

La Russa admitted that he likely would not have accepted the position if it had cost him his position as a Hall of Famer. He even reached out to the National Baseball Hall of Fame to confirm that his status as an inductee would not be revoked if he returned to managing.

“If this opportunity, as great as it is, cost me the Hall of Fame, I wouldn’t have taken it,” La Russa told Bob Nightengale of USA Today. “The Hall of Fame is beyond everything else.”

Hall of Fame president Tim Mead confirmed to La Russa that no inductees were excluded from returning to the game, which helped prompt him to accept the job.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No, Tony confirmed this with the HOF before taking the job. Tony stated he would not have taken the job if it in any way impacted his HOF status.

Priorities.

So wait, can we bring Frank out of retirement? I want to know how well those Nugenix pills actually work.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, and I’m sure we’ll get our second apology of the season in 22 games about how he’ll learn from his mistake 

At least we know thanks to his track record that when he apologizes, he means it.

• Haha 1