Robert to injured list, dtd, has flu-like symptoms as of Monday night

Greg Hibbard

15 minutes ago, SkokieSox said:

Vax doesn’t prevent infection, it’s primary endpoint was hospitalization rate.

That's my point. If he wasn't vaxed and caught Covid they probably would be freaking out. And it's been shown that the Vax does a pretty good job preventing the infection and preventing the spread. This isn't 100 percent safe proof, but I think it is about 70 percent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I know lebron isn't getting vaccinated. From what I've heard, there's a lot of skepticism among athletes. 

Did he tell you this? His position would be that he wasn't going to publicly say what he was doing.

44 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Did he tell you this? His position would be that he wasn't going to publicly say what he was doing.

Uh yeah, when asked if he would get the covid vaccine, LeBron said his decision on whether he and his family will get vaccinated is a "private thing". It really isn't hard to connect the dots here. You don't say something like that unless you AREN'T getting vaccinated.

Here's an article about how NBA players are hesitant to promote the vaccine.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30918396

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Uh yeah, when asked if he would get the covid vaccine, LeBron said his decision on whether he and his family will get vaccinated is a "private thing". It really isn't hard to connect the dots here. You don't say something like that unless you AREN'T getting vaccinated.

You said that you "know" he's not getting vaccinated. You're assuming it.

14 hours ago, bmags said:

This isn’t true.

Just to add on to what bmags said, the mRNA vaccines are something like 90% effective at preventing infections, and even better at preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and deaths. So yes, they do (not 100% but close) prevent people from getting infected in the first place.

14 hours ago, ron883 said:

Oh ffs

14 hours ago, ron883 said:

I read that there is some scepticism in black communities because us pharmaceutical industry didn't always treat black people very well in the past. I'm not from the US though so I don't know the exact background. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

I read that there is some scepticism in black communities because us pharmaceutical industry didn't always treat black people very well in the past. I'm not from the US though so I don't know the exact background. 

9 hours ago, Quin said:

The Tuskegee Syphilis Study is the most famous example, but yes.

Just to be clear ...

"... was an ethically abusive study conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the United States Public Health Service (PHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)".

• Thanks 1