Tigers @ Sox, 4/28/21

Bob Sacamano

Royals out to an early 3-0 lead in Pitt.  Twins finally blasted the Indians, with Buxton sustaining his MVP form despite some nagging early season injuries.

Pretty incredible stat, LAD hadn’t lost three consecutive going back to August of the 2019 season.

Edited by caulfield12

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Royals out to an early 3-0 lead in Pitt.  Twins finally blasted the Indians, with Buxton sustaining his MVP form despite some nagging early season injuries.

Pretty incredible stat, LAD hadn’t lost three consecutive going back to August of the 2019 season.

What about Fernando Tatis Jr. And the San Diego Baseball Padres?

5 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

The scapegoating of grandal has gotten a little out of hand. I understand it’s just love for the team manifesting itself in weird ways, but if you’re going to have an irrational hate for a stranger try to be less irrational about it. As Steve brule says, it’s for your health. 

Dude no one wants to hear common sense fatherly advice. On that note at the beginning of yesterday's game thread I wanted to turn the Tiger's  into roadkill ( in a competitive non violent way of course) and the lack of a killer instinct reared it's ugly head in the game yesterday. S let's hate on the opposition more than our own team !   :begood: :gosox3:

37 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Tonight will be a good night!  A team this good is not going to lose to the lowly Tiggers two nights in a row, I refuse to believe it.  Everyone will be happy and we can move on from the bad day.

Ok will save this for tomorrow then !

If this isn't played at home games , it seriously should be !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

They wait till 7pm to tell their fans lol unreal

The White Sox must have the worst propensity to screw over fans in either April/May or late August/September situations similar to this one, where they leave pretty much nobody happy with their decision-making process...

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Damn it, just got to the bar a bit ago, hoped for a rain delay. Guess I’ll watch hockey and the Cubs and Bulls getting pounded.

I switched over as soon as I heard the Sox game was PPD, saw Hendricks down 6-0 to the Braves in the 2nd, and it took me a minute to figure out that they weren't rerunning a game from last week.

• Haha 1

Front offices need to fill the final pieces of their rosters in a worst-case scenario, based not on the ideal use of those players, but instead on avoiding the worst use of them by their managers. Is there a way to add a use clause in a player contract? “Player X may only be used as a pinch-hitter, defensive substitute in case of injury and for a total number of season games played not to exceed seventy. He may only bat eighth or ninth in the batting order.”

Edited by Hamhock

Do the Sox compensate the fans for parking etc if this happens?  They should be giving refunds.

I've criticized the Cubs in the past for jumping the gun and cancelling games super early because of sketchy weather forecasts that don't pan out, but this on the flip side is kind of disrespectful to the fans.  Don't take their money and cancel last minute unless it can absolutely not be helped.

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

Do the Sox compensate the fans for parking etc if this happens?

Yes; from the announcement:

”Season-ticket holders will receive a credit to their account for game tickets and parking for tonight’s game. Ticketmaster purchasers will receive a full refund for game tickets and parking through Ticketmaster.”

5 hours ago, wegner said:

I see you couldn't stay away from the game thread, even if it is just pregame.  Just kidding.  Have a good anniversary!!

Thanks, mayn! Even the Sox were being kind to me tonight to make sure I didn't miss a little action. Nice meal at Chicago Cut and the rain held off long enough to walk around a bit before. Not a big steak guy personally but my wife would eat it 9 days a week if she could, and we know marriage is all about compromise (meaning the wife gets what she wants).