The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

Just now, wegner said:

No reason for Liam to not come out for the 10th.

Call up Adolfo...call up Rutherford...I don't care who....that performance by Williams is dfa-able.

The best at bat of the night was a pinch hit at bat by Mercedes, who was not allowed to start because gotta bench that .500 hitter for the .000 hitter who earned the shot by being left handed.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

No reason for Liam to not come out for the 10th.

Call up Adolfo...call up Rutherford...I don't care who....that performance by Williams is dfa-able.

I am ok with bringing in another pitcher, but you cant bring in a rookie who is throwing 5 mph slower than last year and has already shown he has struggles in the 10th inning Manfred Ball. I dont get why they trotted him out there AGAIN.

Then the tandem of Williams and Lamb, 0-8 5Ks. Everyone pregame knew that shit was going to happen, it was all over the game thread and on twitter. I loved it when Mercedes came in and had the best atbat of the whole game against Bieber. IMAGINE IF HE WAS HITTING CLEANUP??

Why is Moncada still hitting cleanup?? HES KILLING THIS TEAM! 2 RBIS!!!!! 

The main reason we lost the game tonight is Bieber, period. But boy, it's hard to look at that lineup and say that TLR gave his team the best shot at winning. I can't for the life of me figure out why Williams and Lamb are hitting 5th and 7th tonight. A week from today they could both be without a major league team and no one would be surprised. It's a real headscratcher.

I'm not that bothered by Crochet coming in. It's not like Hendriks has been lights out.

Also you could move Moncada to the 2 spot, or down in the lineup. But without Moncada hitting, and Eloy out, this team isn't going anywhere. Doesn't matter where TLR puts him in the lineup.

• Like 1

Are they intentionally asking Crochet to ease off on his fastball to gain more control, the Coop Special?

If not, and I know it's colder weather and Giolito was also 3-4 MPH lower than where he's normally at, but there has to be some alarm bells going off at 35th & Shields.

With Kopech, not trying to throw 100 but sitting 96-98 MPH has worked out extremely well.

But Crochet's quickly losing his intimidation factor...not to mention his not knowing where the ball was going at 99-103 actually worked in his advantage, seemingly.  At the velocity he's at right now, he's just another two-pitch bullpen guy but nothing special other than his cross-body motion.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Real question, but why did La Russa come out and say Vaughn has to earn his at-bats while Nick fucking Williams is just being awarded starts despite accomplishing absolute nothing with the Sox?

Try not to question a HOF baseball person

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The best at bat of the night was a pinch hit at bat by Mercedes, who was not allowed to start because gotta bench that .500 hitter for the .000 hitter who earned the shot by being left handed.

And why lamb over even Collins? Last time I checked Collins does bat left.  

• Love 1

I’ll go as far to say that Tony is the worst manager in baseball. 

Crazy you say?  How many other managers do you think would give significant playing time to Nick Williams despite being 0-13.  

The guy hasn’t had major league success since 2018 and it wasn’t that great.  13 at bats isn’t a small amount of  chances at this point in the season - that’s a lot in the first 10 games for a bench guy!

Edited by username
  • Thanks 1

Why is Lamb on this team?  Switch hitting (w/LH decent power) A. Cabrera signed with crappy AZ for $1.75; Sox signed Lamb for $1.  AC can play all 4 IF positions & DH. Mendick can play 3, Lamb 2 and one, 1B is covered by Vaughn and Grandal.  Mendick has a .300+ BA against RHP and team chemistry. Yet they pass on AC, send Mendick down, and sign Lamb.

IF utility role is another weird TLR decision.  There's a very worrisome pattern with him.  Makes me wonder how much of this lethargic start is due to odd TLR words and actions in the clubhouse and dugout that we don't know about.  How much eye rolling has been going on?

Edited by Rounding_Third
  • Thanks 1

Random thoughts...

I remember I was happy when they got rid of LaRussa the first time around.

I talked myself into this being an ok hire because he seemed to put together a nice staff around him.

I saw part of the post game news conference last night (I actually had the sound off).  LaRussa just looked tired and it is very early in the season.

Pretty much everybody here agrees that there were a bunch of boneheaded Managerial decisions last season and especially in the last week of the season and the playoffs....I do not see how that has changed.

Keep Crochet out of the 10th...he seems to need to work with a fresh inning where noone is on base.  I wonder if he ever has worked as anything other than a Starter?