The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

15 hours ago, Spicygar said:

Must suck to somersault and bend your back like that. Maybe another double DUI brother to brother? Wow.

Passan on the money with great "Journalism" again!

José Abreu says Sox are blessed to be managed by Tony La Russa, says he gets treated unfairly sometimes and deserves more credit. Adds that La Russa's experience will help Sox get through upcoming period without Eloy Jiménez and Luis Robert.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

José Abreu says Sox are blessed to be managed by Tony La Russa, says he gets treated unfairly sometimes and deserves more credit. Adds that La Russa's experience will help Sox get through upcoming period without Eloy Jiménez and Luis Robert.

Legends recognize Legends

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Jose is a company man!! It’s been documented before him and Jerry are BFFLS!!

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, Vulture said:

It’s hilarious you think calling someone a lib is an insult on a message board of a team that is located smack dab in the middle of one of the most liberal collections of districts in all the land.

president-precinct-map-thumb.jpg

If you leave the politics out of it, it becomes just another cheap shot.  Stories are hard to come by in the Journalism Business nowadays.  I cranked my pixels to the max and was able to see my old Chicago home.  It's the bluest spot of all! 😁

Edited by Stinky Stanky

Tony is not a super-computer and yes it's a fact he doesn't make all the right decisions, but neither does any manager regardless of age. Media and disgruntled fans tend to look for a weak spot in a person (in this case Tony's age) and exploit it with endless stories about his declining ineffectiveness.   Tony's not perfect but when I look in the paper today my White Sox are tied for 1st place after losing Eloy to start the year so he must be doing something right.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
typo

6 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Tony is not a super-computer and yes it's a fact he doesn't make all the right decisions, but neither does any manager regardless of age. Media and disgruntled fans tend to look for a weak spot in a person (in this case Tony's age) and exploit it with endless stories about his declining ineffectiveness.   Tony's not perfect but when I look in the paper today my White Sox are tied for 1st place after losing Eloy to start the year so he must be doing something right.

managers don't win games

• Like 1

White Sox fans were calling for Tony's firing from 1980 through when he was fired, except for the second half of 1983.  This isn't ageism. It's not liking how a guy runs a team. When you are stacked, it doesn't matter. Tony has had the great fortune of managing teams with great players. Once those great players left or got hurt, his teams were bad. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

White Sox fans were calling for Tony's firing from 1980 through when he was fired, except for the second half of 1983.  This isn't ageism. It's not liking how a guy runs a team. When you are stacked, it doesn't matter. Tony has had the great fortune of managing teams with great players. Once those great players left or got hurt, his teams were bad. 

Sounds like an Ozzie-ism.

Tony can start being a HOF manager any day now.

-He totally blew the double switch by slotting Hendriks into the slot where he would be base running with two of our best bunters coming up in Garcia and Hamilton.

-Having Leury steal with Hendriks on third was absolutely terrible.

-Pitching to Winker with a base open, when you could set up force outs at each base.

This is the worst day of managing for Sox manager since Terry Bevington called for a non-existent pitcher from the pen.  Give me back Ricky, please.

However, if the player in the batting order immediately preceding that half-inning's leadoff hitter is the pitcher, the runner placed on second base at the start of that half-inning may be the player preceding the pitcher in the batting order.

Stupid f**k put Hendriks out there when he didn't have to.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

-He totally blew the double switch by slotting Hendriks into the slot where he would be base running with two of our best bunters coming up in Garcia and Hamilton.

-Pitching to Winker with a base open, when you could set up force outs at each base.

This is the worst day of managing for Sox manager since Terry Bevington called for a non-existent pitcher from the pen.  Give me back Ricky, please.

Everything you just said is 100 percent correct. LaRussa’s decision making at the end of the game was inexcusable.

Double switch to make sure the pitcher runs and then Leary and Hamilton hit away? 

the reds say thank you Tony. 

QIt is a dumb take that this in on TLR. Once it was 1st and 3rd and nobody out the chance to win was down to like 5% anyway. 

Maybe they should have walked him but it was essentially over when they didn't score. 

The real bad thing was Leury stealing, with Hamilton up without the steal Tim would have had another crack at it. 

I also would have preferred collins over Billy there so if you Want to blame TLR it is for not pinch hitting for Billy Hamilton but once it is first and third and nobody out that game was already lost. 

If You think that pitching to winker changed the game odds significantly think again, we are maybe talking 3% win chance was 5% here. 

Bases Loaded And No Out Or 1st and third and no out both means you have almost no chance to prevent a run scoring. 

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Adding

-our Hall of Famer just admitted he doesn't even know the rules here. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

The injuries have killed this team, no doubt. 

But they also now have to win in spite of Tony. They have to overcome him. 

If you didn’t know better, one might think he is trying to lose some of these games.  

• Like 1